ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is the rear bearing pressed into the disk?

monaco 172
Got my mot coming up and the rear disks and pads are about dead. SO i went down to bullseye and got some apex one, however they havent got the bearing in the disks like the oe ones come with.

Is it going to be a pain to get the bearing out of the old disk into the new ones?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yes they do. I'd take the discs you bought back and go buy oe ones.

Got my mot coming up and the rear disks and pads are about dead. SO i went down to bullseye and got some apex one, however they havent got the bearing in the disks like the oe ones come with.

Is it going to be a pain to get the bearing out of the old disk into the new ones?

Yes they do. I'd take the discs you bought back and go buy oe ones.

As Rollo said, it may be worthwhile returning those discs you bought and get ones with bearings already pressed in to save you a lot of hassle and extra work.

You can get them from the likes of K Tec Racing , Nw Performance etc if your local sealer is too expensive.

I have found Nw Performance to be very good with prices and undercutting K Tec etc.

£130 for genuine rear discs and pads from Nw Performance unlike Ktec where the bearings etc are seperate.

Nw Performance

http://www.northwestperformance.co....ducts_id=14&osCsid=v4u7q7e4nlafd2ttqqt8lusdj4

K Tec :(

http://www.k-tecracing.com/search.asp?appid=2&catid=1

monaco 172
Hmm s**t lol.

Well there's a guy across my street who's a mechanic, works from home and does jobs and he did my wheel bearing in minutes on my old Clio.

So I'll see what he recons as he's got all the tools needed, if not I'll tek em back and get some Renault oe ones.

monaco 172
Just had an idea anyway, the current disks which are on dont look too shabby, theres not really a clear lip on them, so i might just take the disks back and put the pads on, and then when the disks are shot ill get the oe renault ones which come with a new wheel bearing aswel ?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Just press the old disks off the bearing, and whack the bearing on the new discs, only take a few minutes on a press

monaco 172
Just press the old disks off the bearing, and whack the bearing on the new discs, only take a few minutes on a press

I ain't got a press lol. I'll see what happens in the morning, just seems a bit of a waste if I don't change the bearings aswel and then if a bearing goes I'll be spendig even more than I would have if I'd just got oe from the start