ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the V6 255 that bad to drive..???

This will get interesting!

I wouldn't exactly call it a drivers car. Steering wheel is too big, seat is too high. Very vague steering.

I'd still buy one though

Cooper S
That is a sh1t review.

I've not driven one, the interior sucks, supposed to be a nightmare for uncapable drivers in some conditions.

HOWEVER- I would still have one, they look the nuts!!

Better than yours. C*nt.
The 2001 (Ph1) was a little bit of an animal - poke, poke, poke, poke and then it'll suddenly turn around and rip your arm out of it's socket, but the Ph2 is much more sure-footed.

Until it rains, anyway.

MSN Cars always seems to want to rival with that Auto Express b****cks anyway...

The 2001 (Ph1) was a little bit of an animal - poke, poke, poke, poke and then it'll suddenly turn around and rip your arm out of it's socket, but the Ph2 is much more sure-footed.

Until it rains, anyway.

MSN Cars always seems to want to rival with that Auto Express b****cks anyway...

Someone once told me a Mk2 Vee would outhandle an Exige.. Pretty impressive TBH

Better than yours. C*nt.
Someone once told me a Mk2 Vee would outhandle an Exige.. Pretty impressive TBH

Depends on circumstances, before you start a riot!

On the roads around me, I was able to drive the Vee a lot quicker than I could drive the Exige before the front end washed out was what I said... On a track of course it's a different story! I just felt that the Exige didn't inspire confidence and was very difficult to get 'right'.

I've never driven one but I can't imagine they're much of a track/drivers car. More about the looks and noise AFAIK. Personally I think they look s**t anyway, but that's just my opinion. I'd like to drive one some time.

EDIT: The Exige is Alpha around a track. So much grip and poise. Perfectly balanced.

Better than yours. C*nt.
EDIT: The Exige is Alpha around a track. So much grip and poise. Perfectly balanced.

Absolutely, but unless the road was VERY smooth, and you were going beyond legal speeds and had been doing for long enough to get a LOT of heat in the tyres, then it was utterly useless. Not enough airflow over the surfaces to generate downforce of any significance, and the tyres couldn't do anything other than very sticky race tracks.

It was that bad, that my mate could keep up with me in his Focus ST.

Fair enough, dude. I've only driven one on track, and it made me feel like a f**king hero.

It's designed for the track IMO, and that's where it belongs :approve:

Better than yours. C*nt.
Definitely - and you got hints of it when it was baking hot out and you picked a good road, but I was saying to Justin (before being ridiculed!) that the same road on the same day in the same conditions, I was taking corners 10-20mph faster in the Trophy than I was in Exige. Same stands for the Vee, if not more so.

Awesome car on a track, but I lost interest because it wasn't rewarding and it was very, very nervous on the road because it would be permanently understeering.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Reviews like that come from idots who have never drove one lol. Ive got a Ph1 and its by no means an Elise but I find it bloody great. I was at Bruntingthorpe this thursday putting a friends through its paces on a damp track and it stuck like sh1t to blanket. Like Porsches, there are ways of driving them quickly.

As for the Vee with a longer wheelbase, thats a Trophy car......with ALOT done to it.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Absolutely, but unless the road was VERY smooth, and you were going beyond legal speeds and had been doing for long enough to get a LOT of heat in the tyres, then it was utterly useless. Not enough airflow over the surfaces to generate downforce of any significance, and the tyres couldn't do anything other than very sticky race tracks.

It was that bad, that my mate could keep up with me in his Focus ST.

I always found that with my elise you had to be very positive in turn in to allow the front end to bite and also load the front end up with the brakes before turn in, if you were not it tended to understeer. Thought it was an awesome car though, and held more speed round corners than anything else I have owned.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. I give up!

Vee's are s**t, slow, s**t handling, chavy. I wish i'd bought a hyundai!

Cammed 182 :)
Its not a bad car it just should be a tad quicker and is slower round the ring than 182s. My fiat coupe 20vt would easily pull on ph2 v6 in a straight with less power?
But they do look imense best looking non supercar I want one.....

172 Cup
Its not a bad car it just should be a tad quicker and is slower round the ring than 182s. My fiat coupe 20vt would easily pull on ph2 v6 in a straight with less power?
But they do look imense best looking non supercar I want one.....

20vt's are lush, especially in red with abarth eagle claws, i know im drifting off topic but...pininfarina win

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Hahaha... I read this write up this morning and immediately thought ' there's no way you've driven one you dcik head' The only time ever, i've felt remotely nervous in the vee was in the wet, they will swap ends in a heart beat. In the dry however.. utterly awesome grip.

130i Road, 172 Track
It's a sign of how much you should lesson to MSN's opinion when they put a picture of a phII V6 and their comment is for the phI V6...

MUPPETS!!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Lol, I'm not bothered. Everyone knows Trophy > V6.

Lmao... even Mike ditched his Trophy for a vee,... But hey.. you're not bothered. lol

I'd choose a 172 cup then a ph1 172 over a Trophy any day :) And both after a v6.

Just my opinion though.... ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lol, I'm not bothered. Everyone knows Trophy > V6.

Does it tho...I mean really Does it...

I would bet ma johnson that you wouldn't get near me on any track!!!

Trophy's are good...But they pisch compared to the 197! Esp on track!

Next please.

Black 197
This thread stinks of jealousy !!

V6's are a superb car, It's in a different league to all other Clio RS models imo

It might not be the fastest thing on four wheels but the noise and pose is emmense, It's a collectors car that will depreciate then over time climb up in price, Sure Trophys are superb cars but i'd own a Vee tomorrow

Saw Craig's today (Cat171) and even though it's a PH1 Vee listening to it accelerate away was emmense, I'm still nursing the lob on pmsl

Does it tho...I mean really Does it...

I would bet ma johnson that you wouldn't get near me on any track!!!

Trophy's are good...But they pisch compared to the 197! Esp on track!

Next please.

Absolute b****cks 197's aren't all that on track but I'm sure you've done so many trackdays you know what your talking about.

Or are you just another V6 owner who believes there car is amazing but has never had the balls to track it?

;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Absolute b****cks 197's aren't all that on track but I'm sure you've done so many trackdays you know what your talking about.

Or are you just another V6 owner who believes there car is amazing but has never had the balls to track it?

;)

PMSL. Have a wee search Matt. I can't be arsed pee'in all over you!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I guess V6's must be awesome as there always on track at the RS trackdays oh wait there not especially in the wet............

;)

LOL.. Have you ever seen the price of replacement panels etc for a v6 Matt..? You could prob buy a Trophy for the cost of a miss-hap on track in a vee..

I'd love to be in a position to buy a second vee to use for track days etc.. prob a cat D or something.. Fingers crossed for a prosperous winter! :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lol. Ali's quick, very quick I've been told (by those that know). I'd wager he'd muller most even if he had bought the Hyundai ;).
I didn't enjoy driving a vee for a weekend, but loved being in it. Evo, autocar, all the usual informative mags love it, so I wouldn't call it s**t, more an aquired taste.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yawn I would but TBH I can't be arsed how about you do it for me or are you too busy w**king over your car?

;)

Stop winking you wee jesse!

Look i appreciate alot of owners just wash and take pics of their cars. And tbh, why shouldn't they!!! Just because you hammer the c**t out of yours 24/7 doesn't give you the right to slate others.

Fyi, sweetie, i've done 11 track days in mine, been to the ring and seein as i used to work at knockhill as a ards instructor i'd say that gives me a little bit of experience on track! Money where my mouth is...Nah, no need, you only drive a trophy!

Oh yeh,

;)