ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the V6 255 that bad to drive..???

Bit harsh seeing as Ian started this thread which is crammed full of "adult" debate!lol.

Admin can you not just sticky a thread called "Vee v Trophy - You Decide?"as every thread seems to end up with a very similar theme... ;)

Maybe that was a bit harsh but I just felt Ian was being really pedantic and quoting EVO just smacks of geekdom but there all just Clio's so it really doesn't matter at the end of the day.

:)

Last edited:
  Better than yours. C*nt.
You're the f**ktard that dragged it down that route... So feel free to GTFO and back into the Trophy Owners Eliteclub.

And back to your own request - have you owned a Vee? By your own rules, you just voted yourself out the Big Brother House!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Maybe that was a bit harsh but I just felt Ian was being really pedantic and quoting EVO just smacks of geekdom but there all just Clio's so it really doesn't matter at the end of the day.

I didnt realise i was being this way.My whole EVO geekness was to shed some light on over 100 years worth of driving skill from the mag and a standard test they perform on the same track with the exact same conditions everytime with the same drivers and remove the pub talk.

I dont think you should GTFO tbh,please stay,just make it a bit more mature.

Oh and p.s watch out for those dci's...lol

You're the f**ktard that dragged it down that route... So feel free to GTFO and back into the Trophy Owners Eliteclub.

And back to your own request - have you owned a Vee? By your own rules, you just voted yourself out the Big Brother House!

PMSL. Owned

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
I drove one round brands and had a passenger lap with someone who knew what they where doing and i loved it. It did under steer and over steer and you have to be a bit brave but its was so much fun. Id have one.

I hate to throw a spanner in the works for all these trophy boys giving it large about b roads and being so nimble.

The megane dci 175 laps faster around bedford than a clio trophy.
The clio 200 cup is over 2 seconds a lap faster than that.F1 would pay millions to be 2 seconds a lap faster than there rivals...

Has the Mk2 or MK1 V6 been tested by EVO at Bedford?

I am genuinely interested to compare the times.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've got an old copy of evo where they tested the ph2 172, 172, ph1 vee, 172 racer, v6 racer at Bedford (the older layout)
IIRc of the road cars, the 172 was slowest, then the vee, and the cup was quickest.

Owned no, driven yes so maybe I have destroyed my own arguements but as I personally enjoy trackdays the Trophy was my choice and as for being part of the Trophy Elite club I guess I do enjoy my car but its a toy to be played with.

Anyway what does it matter we're arguing about pointless things I have fun driving my car and you do yours and that's all that matters IMHO.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
HA! Trophy owners get out! This thread isn't even about you! The V6 is the pinnacle of the RS brand...You're ALL "below" us! ;) Chin up!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
HA! Trophy owners get out! This thread isn't even about you! The V6 is the pinnacle of the RS brand...You're ALL "below" us! ;) Chin up!
How dare you look down your nose at people!

Hang on..............................

;)

v6 mk2
lmao!! great thread, again!!! now i wonder why i dont come on here anymore! lol

May aswell give my 2 pennies

The clio trophy is an awesome car, one of if not THE best handling car ive driven (owned one for 2 years). On a local a/b road not much could live with it

BUT

After owning a trophy and scratching the itch, there was some sort of sub-concious thought which made me go to the bank, draw out a lot of money, drive to swansea (7hours) and pay someone said money for a mk2 v6 with 11k on the clock. That was a year ago and still loving the car to this day (i have owned a mk1 v6 aswell in the past and knew i would have another)

I have to say that if circumstances changed, I wouldnt rule out a return to the trophy brigade. Loved every minute of drving it!!
So can we all make friends and agree that both cars are COMPLETELY different and CANT be compared, they are cut from different cloth.

And by the way the review on MSN is a complete and utter load of pish!! Thank you please.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I would describe the Vee this:

4610_main_image_1245441515.jpg

And the trophy as:

premier%20lodge.jpeg

Or Again

Vee:

Burger%20King%20logo.jpg

Trophy:

Wimpy_logo.jpg

And finally:

Vee:

rachel-bilson.jpg

trophy:

http://spectregb.co.uk/LondonPeaches/Friends/Talia/ugly_woman.jpg
ugly_woman.jpg

Trophy #490
Ali, your final comparison just doesn't make sense. A Trophy is Rachel Bilson; light, gorgeous, agile. A Vee is fat in comparison, so surely that one should be the other way around. ;)

Only joking, but god please let this thread now be locked. Comparing two brilliant but very, very different cars is ridiculous.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ali, your final comparison just doesn't make sense. A Trophy is Rachel Bilson; light, gorgeous, agile. A Vee is fat, compared. ;)

Only joking, but god please let this thread now be locked. Comparing two brilliant but very, very different cars is ridiculous.

HA! I did think that afterwards! however it was refering to the looks and calibre of Rachel compared to the rotter in the 2nd pic!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Vee's are good, Trophy's are good. I'd have either over a 197 and it's ps3 steering, asthmatic power delivery, and Vee matching mpg (without the power!).

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'd have a 197 tomo! Great cars! Brilliant handling, i prefer the looks now, better brakes. Although i agree box and mpg are naff!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They look sensational TBf. Was behind a white cup with all the spoilers yesterday. Still wouldn't ever have one.

Clio V6
lmao!! great thread, again!!! now i wonder why i dont come on here anymore! lol

May aswell give my 2 pennies

The clio trophy is an awesome car, one of if not THE best handling car ive driven (owned one for 2 years). On a local a/b road not much could live with it

BUT

After owning a trophy and scratching the itch, there was some sort of sub-concious thought which made me go to the bank, draw out a lot of money, drive to swansea (7hours) and pay someone said money for a mk2 v6 with 11k on the clock. That was a year ago and still loving the car to this day (i have owned a mk1 v6 aswell in the past and knew i would have another)

I have to say that if circumstances changed, I wouldnt rule out a return to the trophy brigade. Loved every minute of drving it!!
So can we all make friends and agree that both cars are COMPLETELY different and CANT be compared, they are cut from different cloth.

And by the way the review on MSN is a complete and utter load of pish!! Thank you please.

Well said.

Some people on here need to learn some manners, if you don't like a car by all means say this but please try being constructive. Slating a car for the sake of it goes against the spirit of the club IMO.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Well said.

Some people on here need to learn some manners, if you don't like a car by all means say this but please try being constructive. Slating a car for the sake of it goes against the spirit of the club IMO.
You're not from round here, are you.....