ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is there a cup 197 due?

The 197Cup is due towards the end of 2007 I think. It will definitely have the R27 suspension. I've also read that it will not have AC. If that's true then they are tools. Who doesn't want AC in a car these days? Maybe it will be an option.

will it have any outward differences like spoiler? i really think the 197 needs something other than that half hearted bit of plastic at the rear

H22A7 Accord Type R
is the steering wheel SMALLER in the 182s??? i sat in a 182 and the wheel felt nice.........thats another thing that puts me off the 172s etc........the steering wheel off the Titanic

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
no. Its the same. In a 182 cup they dont even get a renault sport version.

Nope what?

Yeah the 182 cup and ff have a different steering , but the ff172 and the 172 cup have the same wheel minus the cc buttons on it. The 182 wheel is from a dynamic IIRC.

H22A7 Accord Type R
ah so the 182FF or with Cup PACKs has a smaller diameter wheel than the old 172 etc? the 182 with cup PACKs i sat in felt nice.........

H22A7 Accord Type R
ah it must have just felt nicer because it was newer then......... The accord has the wheel from a 550 Maranello in it ;) result

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
FF172,172 cup and FF182 diameter is all the same size, pretty sure the 182 cup is too,

Yeah 99% sure they are all the same. A 182 with cup packs wheel is the same as my 172 cup wheel (minus split rubbers lol)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
When relacing a wheel on a ff182, i take it cruise etc is lost? I never had any worries, bar airbag on my 172 cup

Not a 197?

No, I went out and bought a motorbike instead, plus there is lots of life in my 182 too, its just done over 54k engine is strong as feck. I love driving it. I now use the Cruise very little or not at all now. I am doing a couple of bits to it atm and will post pics in a month or two when its all done, not much but will keep it fresh. The cars never being sold now anyway. I'd actually like the original F1 megane maybe in two three years that said Ill probably get an R1 in a few years lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep x2 4 ohm iirc. Just wasn't sure what happened with cruise etc. It will be on my to do list. A 320mm is a must :)