ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is there any Clio 172 02reg tips and tricks ?

mk2 clio 172
Hello i had a golf before and i know there were loads of tips and tricks i.e holding buttons down to get other info etc and getting dispays to come on they you dont normally see anythink like that with the clios ?

RenaultSport Clio 172
Adam_172 said:
Hello i had a golf before and i know there were loads of tips and tricks i.e holding buttons down to get other info etc and getting dispays to come on they you dont normally see anythink like that with the clios ?

I like the dash trick, also there's the "auto xenon's on/off" trick and the "auto door locking" trick. Well, they aren't tricks as such but are useful to know, do a Forum search on them and there'll be plenty of posts on 'em.

:D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
with the engine off, turn the key to the ignition position (but don't turn the engine on).

Then . . .

Auto Lights > turn the sidelights on and off twice quickly, you will hear a beep, this has either turned automatic lights on or off.

RAID (Renault Anti-Intruder Device) > Hold the interior lock button down for 5 seconds, you will hear a beep, you have either enabled or disabled this feature (doors auto lock over 5mph).

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
-----------------
Auto Lights - Have the ignition on, then turn the lights on and off twice and it will beep and activate the auto lights.
----------------
Auto Door locking feature - Press and hold the door lock button untill it beeps. If you unlock the doors but don't open any of them or the boot, it will re-lock after 30seconds.
----------------
Auto wipers - Leave the wiper switch in the 2nd position and adjust sensitivity accordingly on stalk.
----------------
Deactivate internal alarm sensors if someone is sitting inside with the doors locked - When you have switched the engine off, turn the key on (to electrics stage) and off twice...get out of the car within 7 seconds(I think) and arm the alarm...you should hear 4 beeps. Internal sensors are now deactivated.
----------------

Also if you hold down the SRC button on the standard stereo you get to a hidden menu with lots of different settings to fiddle with, like turning rear speakers on/off, making the volume automatically increase/decrease at certain speeds, etc.