ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is there something wrong with my accelerator pedal?

Clio 182
I may have just either developed a fault, or noticed something that has always been there. Either way, when I floor it in my 182 the gas pedal travels as one would expect it to, however once I reach the end of its travel, if I push a bit harder it feels as if it suddenly lets go and travels an extra half centimeter to the floor. Try it in yours when its off, push down on the pedal with your hand and see if it goes down further with more of a push. So i'm thinking that its either perfectly normal, or something is causing resistance and then letting go with more of a push. The best way that I can describe it is that its as if I floor it but someone has their finger between the pedal and the floor, and if I push a bit harder they quickly slide their finger out and it pops down a bit further.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
It's ACTUALLY the cancel for the speed limiter functionality. Try it, set the speed limiter, then try and accelerate. It won't go any faster until you hit the switch at the bottom that over-rides it.

Bit like a kick-down switch in an auto car.

BG PH1 Megane 225
My 172 has this and it doesn't even have cruise control :eek: or traction control for that matter but that's for girls. ;)

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Same as me captainfail, ive got a 172 in iceberg similar 2 urs nd i thort the mat was in the way or sumthing!! Pointless i think really cz it jst aggrevates me now lol, may i ask does sum ov ur panels look a slightly different shade of paint 2 others in different light???

Same as me captainfail, ive got a 172 in iceberg similar 2 urs nd i thort the mat was in the way or sumthing!! Pointless i think really cz it jst aggrevates me now lol, may i ask does sum ov ur panels look a slightly different shade of paint 2 others in different light???

the front wings are plastic so it'll be a slightly different colour!

172 berg, Fabia VRS
I know that m8 but rear n/s quarter and front bumper are different shades!! Ive heard all icebergs are the same

BG PH1 Megane 225
Can't say I've noticed different shades of colour on my car other than the plastic wings/bumpers etc but my car seems pretty consistent all the way round. I was reading something the other day on here about there being 4 different shades of iceberg silver. Maybe yours has had a respray at some point with a slightly different shade? :S don't know really! :eek: