ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this a hole do you think??

Evening,

Just drove to the country for a pub lunch but driving at about 70 ish on the way there the car was making a low but loud humming noise. It's got slightly worse over the last couple of weeks but only at high speeds. Took it to Kwik Fit just to get it on the ramps and they said the exhaust was "deteriorating and blowing a bit". They don't stock them, how much are they from Renault?

Cheers!

Sorry, PH2 172! Apparently there was a "slight hole" in the centre section and the back box was corroding. Would love a stainless but fingers crossed am going to be selling in the new year for a new car so would prefer it to be standard!

Thanks!

Great, didn't think Kwik Fit would be able to do it, I know people slate them but are they worse than Renault?!?! I don't really want to weld it as there's no telling how soon I'll get a new car, would rather fix and forget and the back box looks a bit ropey!!

PS: What's OEM??

Just had a look on Eurocarparts website, nothing coming up for a 172 exhaust, will give then a buzz in the morning. You have to drop the subframe to fit them dont you???

OEM - Is Original equipent (ie from renault)

You only need to drop the subframe to fit the manifold so you should be fine :)

Straightforward job just awkward