ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this for real?/post your reflections

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I’ve had my cars that shiny before when I actually cared about cleaning my car.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
07D50C6C-47B5-4915-9038-53683DCFBE5A.png
62FC6821-8C7A-44DD-A64A-C8B31AF0FA9F.png
03E4BC2C-4D8E-4CE7-B52D-44CDA7B81F43.png
A couple of my friends lupo gti I sorted out for him a couple of years back. This was only finished in dodo juice blue velvet so with more work and better products I’d say yes real!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, absolutely real.

This is about as close as I get, no water supply and very little time, so it gets pressure washed and then waterless wash'n'waxed. It's a bit peely but it'll do.
Photo 24-11-2015 7 41 20 pm.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Easily. How new is the car in the video?.

I’d say mine reflects very well after a clean.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Very easy on a black car, especially if you get the camera to focus right you don’t even need to wet sand the orange peel

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Glad it's prompted some discussion.
The reason for the o/p, apart from the initial 'awe', is that there is no apparent optical aberration from that door panel reflection, I don't know much about these things but surely to get a distortion free reflection you would need a near 'flat' surface - which most car panels are not.
Subsequent images posted show more of the expected effect.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
531C1855-BAAA-428B-A703-11A3DFE81E3F.jpeg
FD5C51AB-B2A7-4063-B4D8-F7CFD46A44DF.jpeg
140FE891-7A4C-4E98-BFED-115C287F442D.png
ABEDF701-B289-46C5-9C37-2ACF97893EA4.png
Couple of reflection shots! Will get some more with the Rb this weekend! Giving it a two day love session and I can’t wait!

Attachments

• 61D78B2B-B301-4199-A51D-09450EE38299.png
    61D78B2B-B301-4199-A51D-09450EE38299.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 75

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I actually know the guys who's video that is .he's a detailer and the video is real. The way you've posted it looks pants. He proper video is real.

It's a black car with the perfect lighting outside .Hardly difficult .

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Make sure they put plenty of tyre shine on it when someone agrees.

The amount of vehicles detailed and ruined by no tyre shine is shocking.
I always think that! I don’t know if it’s just me but the first thing I notice is no tyre shine no matter how good the finish on the car is!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

I went to a car show a while back, and was hovering around a stand. One of them had turned up on a bike, and obviously the person running that particular club had decided that he needed a bit of glam on his bike. Whilst his back was turned, she put tyre shine on his tyres.

He wasn't too impressed.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I went to a car show a while back, and was hovering around a stand. One of them had turned up on a bike, and obviously the person running that particular club had decided that he needed a bit of glam on his bike. Whilst his back was turned, she put tyre shine on his tyres.

He wasn't too impressed.

Hahaha! Did they take it off?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

TVR done it with that new Griffith of theres at a motor show and honest to christ it really couldn’t be unseen!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I always think that! I don’t know if it’s just me but the first thing I notice is no tyre shine no matter how good the finish on the car is!
Even average cars look good with tyre shine. It's scary how it changes your whole look of the car.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Even average cars look good with tyre shine. It's scary how it changes your whole look of the car.
I love a really wet looking tyre shine! What would you recommend to try mate?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. Looks great and applies pretty good .

I use gyeon tire these days. Long lasting for me.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Think I've had my bottle 10 years now, I really need to update my products once I've moved it all to the house and figured out where I'm at.