ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this legal?

Golf GTI 1.8T
they must be mad to do that, the light output on mk1's are crap as it is. wouldnt have thought its legal

Monaro VXR
Well not everyone puts racing seats in cause they want them to look good etc my mum wants some in her car cause there better for her bad back.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
thats what i meant! can understand if someone needs them for ergonomics instead of aesthetics

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ok we can all laugh at the idea of it being a 1.2 with buckets but i think it looks alright..although maybe a little of colour but would look nice if sorted

to answer the question...surely can't be legal

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah guys this is an 'everybody for their own' clio club for any model, so only laughing at other modded 1.2's please!

Twingo 133
Whats wrong with 1.2s? with the right setup they can give bigger cars a good run for there money.
He may of put those seats in for track use (doubt it though)

No way not legal... obligatory lighting must be capable of displaying white or yellow light to the front (obligatory lighting being headlamps!)
Hes had it if he gets pulled ?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
arj256 said:
Whats wrong with 1.2s? with the right setup they can give bigger cars a good run for there money.
He may of put those seats in for track use (doubt it though)

proved at willy clio haynes track day hey mate...lol

Monaro VXR
I admit a 1.2 clio is nippy for what it is but having owned one it does annoy the hell outta me when i am used to driving bigger more powerful cars i put my foot down and theres just nothing there .And the damn thing is awful when it comes to over taking manouvres.

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
cheeky poker, they are 1.2 bumpers colour coded, similar to 1.4s but no foggys. and the light looks s**t, but....i hgave learned a lesson, my car is not going all white, looks pants.

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
Only colours visable from front should be white (headlights) and orange (indicators). The rear is red (Brake), orange (indicators) and white (Reverse light).

arj256 said:
QUOTE]

What type of set up ? an engine conversion ??
The only bigger cars they'd be able to take on are 316 bm's & 1.6 mondeo's (as they are big, heavy & under powered)
my little bro has a 1.25 fiesta zetec, so i know what i'm on about (ok so its not a clio) it still has 75bhp all the same !!!

MKIII 138
in this country a 2.0 is considered large, notice how there are a lot of larger engine coming out now 2.5ltr focus ST, 2.0 turbo megane, 2.0 turbo LCR, FRS, 3.0 clio v6, 3.2 R32, ST220 etc.. then consider the americans with many cars just hatchbacks having 2.7ltr engines or two seater sportscars with 4.0/5.0/6.0/ 8.0 ! engines, some with superchargers all as standard and rwd.. ok there very heavy most of them but they still usually push between 270-350hp for 5.0ltr etc.. and mahooosive torque.
then consider that a car modder may add an exhaust or remap their 2.0/3.0 or turbo car and gain another 30-70bhp.

now think of a 1.2 with 75hp thats a car not a motorbike, err not quick at all in any sense unless your racing stationery objects.

im not knocking 1.2`s 1.0 1.4`s etc.. as they all have a purpose for fuel econ cheap insurance but to say there quick in ANY capacity is stretching it. its what all the lefty tree huggers want us to drive.

cat - fred has proven in his 1.2 16v that it is more than capable of keeping up with the 2.0 clios around a track, ok it loses out on the straights, but by carrying so much sped through the corners, it's back up with them

a car doesn't need to be quick in a straight line to be quick, corners are where skill and limits of the car and driver really come into play

MKIII 138
Bryan said:
cat - fred has proven in his 1.2 16v that it is more than capable of keeping up with the 2.0 clios around a track, ok it loses out on the straights, but by carrying so much sped through the corners, it's back up with them

a car doesn't need to be quick in a straight line to be quick, corners are where skill and limits of the car and driver really come into play

a slick answer but power does count on straights and exiting corners also, in my experience of track days big heavy but powerful cars still do some damage, ive seen a mercedes MLK 320 awd tear it up on the track and leave little nippy cars also. i have been in and driven a 1750kg lambourghini murcielargo that was very weildy, it was shockingly wide and heavy it didnt want to do quick changes of direction in that respect a well setup 1.2 would make it look silly on a very tigh chicane or man made speed limiting tyre chicane but on the straights or on a mid-high speed corner 90% of any track it would slap many things if not all around the face, ive been to a few tracks now and they usually have 4 max tight turns usually at the end of a straight, you may go round that faster but 90% of the time even a 2.0 will be lapping you if the driver is equal.

just my 2pence, i used to own a 1.4 and it felt fast in fact it did 0-60 in 10`secs which is fast.

Megane Mk4
Rcbuk said:
That looks really sh*t....how dare he insult Valvers like that.

I was just looking at the listing .......

The laughable part is ... people have bidded for it too!! pmsl ;)

but going back to the original post ... cant be legal surely? ... I always got told lights needed to be clear... But as the old campaign about lights ... (Now I'll be showing my age)

*cough* (clears throat to sing) lol

"keep your lights, nice and clean ding ding" !! :p

Valver
lol yea i only wanted to see whether they were legal or not, its turned into a full blown discussion about engine size lolol!!

Pug 306 GTi-6
doesn't look like it can be legal, al;though you do see some cars with blue tinted front lights that look white then they shine through?

on the engine debate, i drive a 1.2 n can give some cars a run for their money on the twisties as its lowered and can corner better than some cars i meet, on the straights they r usually gone...

clio 16v
i rekon the main reason people are bidding for it, is so they can have the seats, and the roll cage. they may be worth more than the car itself.

Not sure on cars, but you can get a daytime MOT for a bike, you only need a reflector on the rear, and a horn. Surprisingly you dont even need a brake light, not that I fancy riding a bike with no brake lights personally.