ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this okay?

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
I let someone clean my car, well a garage/dealer, looks like they used a brillo pad, and chance of getting this out by hand, this is they only angle you can see it! it doesnt look this bad from the side normally, or am i gonna need a PC?

I thought I did, then i realised they were 1.6mb each, changed it now!

Attachments

• Nikon D50 034.jpg
    Nikon D50 034.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Nikon D50 035.jpg
    Nikon D50 035.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 65
  RB 182 with CUP packs
:eek::eek::eek:

Fooking hell!!!!

I hope you get that sorted mate. I'd say I don't that'll come out by hand.
I might be wrong?

Mito Sportiva 135
Hard to tell still from the pics but doesn't look promising. Had you asked them to wash it or was it complimentary? Either way I would take it back in there to show them the damage. Even if the wash was free you should not accept them damaging your paintwork.

I get scared if my car goes in to a Dealer they will "wash" it for me. At the very least I leave a not telling them not to use truck wash, wheel acid or the heat on the pressure washer.

well it was a free wash, i have had before a few tmes, never thought it had ben a prob, guess loads of grit in the sponge, oh well, like i say, you really hqhave to work the light to get it looking like that, i took about 30 photos just to get theese two!

Mito Sportiva 135
Still, if they inflicted the damage it doesn't matter if you paid or not. It could be considered vandalism!!

Up to you mate, but I would not be happy at all if it had happened to mine. The only problem may be proving they did the damage, as they could deny it.

#I wouldnt have that mate. Take it back and course hell.

Definately. Do not let them try and fob you off. I would never live with damage like that. Take it back and say it wasnt like this when i left it with you, so i want it sorting to perfection. even if a full respray is needed.

Get your car down there as soon as possible and cause hell for them. Dont accept any excuses from them.

Mito Sportiva 135
#I wouldnt have that mate. Take it back and course hell.

Definately. Do not let them try and fob you off. I would never live with damage like that. Take it back and say it wasnt like this when i left it with you, so i want it sorting to perfection. even if a full respray is needed.

Get your car down there as soon as possible and cause hell for them. Dont accept any excuses from them.

Agreed. Go soon though, the longer you leave it the more likely it is they will deny it. Don't be too aggressive, just be assertive in the fact that you are 100% positive they inflicted the damage and that you wanted it rectified, and as soon as possible. Shouldn't require a respray though.

106 GTi
If they make a mess that much by washing it sure as hell dont let them use a machine on it to polish them out.

Will be hard work and probably won't all come out by hand, will need a machine polish IMO.

V6
poor paint best bet is to get it pc polished by sumone that noes wat there doing. by hand that looks like misson

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I think Renault paint is turd. Either that or the front end of the Clio attracts chips somehow. My Dad's Porsche is older than my car, he doesn't take as good care of it product wise as I do, and he rags it - and yet his front end is spotless. My car has a few chips on the front despite leaving plenty of room between me and the car in front on the motorway, plenty of wax etc. It also seems pretty thin from when I have repaired small chips before.