ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this price right

I have a sony head unit and two alpine 6x9s which I want to put into my cup.

My local auto electrix place has quoted me £180 for the installation to include strenghing and covering the parcel shelf, the adapter to allow stalk and dispaly and installing the head unit.

Is this about right?

Cheers in advance

Revels Mum & Sister

It is a quite Labour intensive job, but that is way too much.

But if you allready have speakers in the rear then just chop and extend the existing wires with Bullet Connectors. And thats the rears done. If not then lay some new cable under the Sill covers. Again not too bad just fiddly and time consuming. hence why they may have quoted a high price.

The headunit is a matter of popping the old one out and sorting the stalk adaptor out. Again fiddly but not hard, then slotting the new headunit in. The DIN connectors should be fine if not then a £10 adaptor will sort that.

Give it a go urself

sounds a little steep.. if they are using your shelf and stealthing it then there is the cost of materials..

would have thought most places would charge you £120-£140 to do the work..

they were probably having a slow day

paul

www.audio-one.co.uk

Speakers and parcel shelf are a piece of p^ss to do yourself. Bit of MDF / accoustic cloth, wire and a jigsaw.

The head unit should only be max £50 to install if like me you cant be arsed reading electrical diagrams.

Id install anyones stereo for £50.. Thats like, £50 for 20 mins work.. MAX.. (and thats with problems.. like, not being able to get it out for 15mins.. haha)

Golf GTD

35£ motorworld do adapters for that price mate most stock sony anyway. They also fit speakers and everythin for £20.

Ur being ripped off it sounds like.