ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this too far gone

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Hi. Looking for some advice. I need to fit a new abs ring on my NSF as the ring and sensor are missing. (No fault codes so guess it’s been clipped out).

My Question is. It looks like the abs ring has been missing for some time and where the ring sits looks to be very corroded. Do you think it I will be able to clean it up enough or is it too far gone and I’ll need to replace the driveshaft/cv joint? Thanks in advance.
050BB0ED-0D2D-49B6-8299-EC1C73600DF9.jpeg

monaco 172
Not running a cup brake setup isit?

A ring that knackered I would have thought would be triggering the abs and you would be able to feel the feedback of the abs pump through the pedal.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Not running a cup brake setup isit?

A ring that knackered I would have thought would be triggering the abs and you would be able to feel the feedback of the abs pump through the pedal.
That's one of my problems. Bought off ebay (wife bought me is as a present. I paid but its the thought lol). Most I've driven it is onto a trailer, off a trailer and onto my drive. then back and forth a few times moving it on drive so not driven it properly.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
You can yeah but only if all the systems are disconnected. That would be the ABS pump, YAW sensor.
mmmmm. no idea on this one. most i ever did on my last clio was change the plugs, leads and an injector. always garaged it for work.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
What model Clio is this?.. Is it a 172 Cup?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Does the ABS light show on the dash when you turn the car on?
Not that i can see. Traction control switch doesnt do anything. CC and limiter turn on and off though. my fuse box looks a little empty

though and from what i can see the main connector to the abs pump is connected.
IMG_8373.JPG

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Looks like the lights have been removed from the cluster as the service light, ESP and abs light would show up when you turn it on.

They’re easy to solder back in. I did some last year in only a few hours. Then connect it to CLIP and see what faults remain. ABS faults are usually quite easy to resolve

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
that first picture, there's no sensor either? just a hole where it should be

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Looks like the lights have been removed from the cluster as the service light, ESP and abs light would show up when you turn it on.

They’re easy to solder back in. I did some last year in only a few hours. Then connect it to CLIP and see what faults remain. ABS faults are usually quite easy to resolve
making me think what else has been bodged though to get it through mot. might cut my losses and get rid. buy a better one

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Managed to run it down drive. Speedo doesnt work. Found my code reader and its only coming up with a No1 misfire. Although sounds like its running fine. Can the loom have been cut/diconnected at the Fuse panel end?

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Thank you all for all of the responses. Its my 2nd Clio 182 and i'm still such a noob.

Does anyone know or have guide on how to fix it? If i keep the car i want to put it back to standard for things like the ABS.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Easiest way is to dig into yours and find what's missing for a start mate. Then find someone breaking a 182 (@dann2707 is at the minute) and get the parts you need from them and also ask for pics of how things are routed etc :)

Hope that helps mate, w**k situation as the seller seems a bit of a scumbag b*****d

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Kyle.

Yeah I've just removed the engine on mine so everything is nice and easy to get to if you need parts. Currently the abs side etc is all complete. Got a full engine loom etc too just shout :)

Got driveshafts too with abs rings that aren't deaded

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Easiest way is to dig into yours and find what's missing for a start mate. Then find someone breaking a 182 (@dann2707 is at the minute) and get the parts you need from them and also ask for pics of how things are routed etc :)

Hope that helps mate, w**k situation as the seller seems a bit of a scumbag b*****d
Thanks. Feeling abit of a muppet for buying it to be honest. Must have a duff MOT on it im guessing. Assuming you need a speedo for it to pass.

ABS ring I've found for a few quid so might have a crack at fitting one. Not going to make it worse if i ##### it up. From a quick look and google the abs pump is connected and the yaw sensors look like they are. Can only see front one anyway. Is the main loom with the ABS stuff on the same loom as the injectors? and can you fit one with the engine still in. looks like things are missing from my fuse panel.

Thanks for all the help and responses on this guys. much appreciated. Guessing its worth nothing in current state.

IMG_8374.JPG
IMG_8387.JPG

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Yaw sensor is under handbrake trim. Abs fuse is there, its on the double orange block. And dont need speedo for mot
Found it. that ones connected aswell.

Attachments

• IMG_8388.JPG
    IMG_8388.JPG
    825.8 KB · Views: 129

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Might not even need CLIP yet mate. Might be best off finding a new set of spare clocks too if the lights have been de-soldered. Helps you easily find the problem dude
yeah thought about that. some one posted the wiring guide earlier on FB and it had instruction on how to get the clock out.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
The clocks look to be about £20 delivered which is less than i thought they would be. @dann2707 Do you have a descent set for sale?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Probably had a s**t sensor and couldn't be arsed spending money so they unplugged them and 'deleted' all the crap
yep exactly my thought too but very easy fix probably.

I would do what Kyle suggests, change over the clocks and see what comes up. It looks like the ABS fuse may have been removed and hense no faults on the generic code reader because it doesn't detect a module to probe for faults.

The ABS is fuse 10 and 60A

Attached a wiring diagram
1094 is the ABS pump
777 is the engine bay fuse
247 is the dash
156 door sensor
160 brake switch
989 rear axle headlight level sensor
662 Nav if equipped
502 EPAS if equipped
261 is radio
645 UCH
1106 ESP switch
1016 is interior fuse board
1175 is the yaw sensor
583 is steering angle sensor
225 OBD2 port
110 ABS pressure system housing
150-153 abs sensors
R107 is the bulkhead connector
R989 is the plug on the level sender
R112 is the rear ABS loom
R255 is the white plug in the engine bay fusebox
Red wires are permanent lives
Yellow are ignition controlled lives
black earths
infinity sign indicates twisted pairs

Attachments

• ABS ESP Diagram.PDF
    56 KB · Views: 66

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah and if you need to know anything about anything Clio wiring related then ^^^ @GrahamS is your man. By god he knows his stuff!!

Even watching his YT vids made my head hurt when he de-pinned the loom on his dCi 😂

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I have an old set of later 172 clocks you can have, just cover postage mate. They don't have the dial face on them but they're still useable for you to figure your light situation out