ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this worth it

Hello everyone!

My 1st post 2 ClioSport!

Ive spotted a nice Clio Cup and wanted to get ur opinion on it. There are 2 adverts 4 it but they say different mileage! :S

Its a 53 plate and has done either 12,000 or 17,000 miles. Is this a bit harsh for a 53 plate car? Does anyone know this car?

Looks nice though and a bit different 2 all the blue ones Ive seen (although I like this colour 2!)

Anyway, here are the pics and ad so you can make up your minds and let me know!

RENAULT Clio 2.0 16V Renaultsport 172 Cup , 2 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 03 Reg , 17,000 miles, Silver Metallic, 1 Owner. Heated door mirrors, ABS, Body kit, Colour coding - Body, Computer, Full service history, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Spoiler. climate control,sports seats,cd player,zenons,remote c,locking security system,alloy wheels,privicy glass £9,995

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1086260526__media4.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1086260517__media3.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1086260501__media2.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1086260491__media.jpg

You can get a brand new 53 reg with delivery miles for £10,995 and then you can haggle over the price, I would pay the little extra and do that to be honest if you can.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Thats a 172

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 03 June 2004 at 12:04pm]

The pics were not visible when i posted that ^

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 03 June 2004

Thats a 172
No it isnt, it has no headlight washer jets ?!??

The description sounds like a 172 but the photos are definitely a Cup.

Quote: Originally posted by Mitsi on 03 June 2004

er cups dont have abs or climate control!
thats why they call it a cup ( light weight basic spec sports car built for racing) there not meant to have luxuries on board. The silver ones do have aircon but whats the point in buying one - everyone one knows an aircon pump can take a few bhp of ya car. The silver cups are basically a normal 172 with cloth trim and proper cup alloys.

[Edited by snoozer on 03 June 2004 at 12:06pm]

Lee

BMW M2C

It looks like a Cup, but the advert says its got Xenons which from the pictures it hasnt. The car pictured is definitely a Cup.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 03 June 2004

Thats a 172

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 03 June 2004 at 12:04pm]

The pics were not visible when i posted that ^

Thats my excuse too!

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by snoozer on 03 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Mitsi on 03 June 2004

er cups dont have abs or climate control!
thats why they call it a cup ( light weight basic spec sports car built for racing) there not meant to have luxuries on board. The silver ones do have aircon but whats the point in buying one - everyone one knows an aircon pump can take a few bhp of ya car. The silver cups are basically a normal 172 with cloth trim and proper cup alloys.

[Edited by snoozer on 03 June 2004 at 12:06pm]

Thats why my Silver Cup with climate made the most power of the day at a recent RR day then is it!

To the other guy, welcome to the forums, and go on get the silver one and join a very small group.

Clio 197

Polo Twist, look around a bit and you will find a few Cups, pre registered, with no miles for cheap money. The Renault website will be pushing the new stuff.

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 03 June 2004

People have been reporting getting deals on the last of the pre-reg Cups of about £10.5k.
a dude i know paid that about 3 weeks ago for a pre reg, with no miles on it. its blue, but i dont know if its got climate.

Cheers guys. Think Ill leave the silver one then. Especially if its got that many miles on it!

Is there any way to tell if its been thrashed?

Quote: Originally posted by PoloTwist on 03 June 2004

Cheers guys. Think Ill leave the silver one then. Especially if its got that many miles on it!

Its a Cup - of course it will have been thrashed! ;)

Remapped derv Golf

Modial blue only!!! Ive seen a couple of pre reg cups for £10,395 at Reno

There were a few (I think 75?) silver Cups. I saw one at Renault Cardiff a few months ago with the correct badges/detailing, so they DO exist!!

big red bus

Do the silver ones have a little 172 cup badge on the door between the front and rear windows ?

my guess is that its a 172 with cup alloys. Cup Wannabe ;-)

Lee

BMW M2C

Do it Jon, you know you cant resist.

ooops already done.

If the car in the pictures is the car thats been sold then its a Cup. If the picture is just a representation then the car they describe is a 172. Simple.

[Edited by Lee M on 04 June 2004 at 12:31pm]

Kind of on topic.

Do people think that with the 182 now out, that it is still a wise idea to buy a newcup? The dealer by me was doing a handfull at 10,995 (as mentioned above)

Will there still be full warantee etc?

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by Type_Mo on 04 June 2004

Do the silver ones have a little 172 cup badge on the door between the front and rear windows ? yes

my guess is that its a 172 with cup alloys. Cup Wannabe ;-) love you to

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 04 June 2004

Its a Cup - of course it will have been thrashed! ;)
^^^ ditto! u dont exactly buy a cup to cruise along the motorway at 55mph!