ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Issue removing BC top mounts from coilovers

I am in the process of fitting BC coilovers, and am struggling to remove the top mounts from the new coilovers.

According to this video at 1.15, with a ring spanner and an allen key, you should be able to remove the nut to separate the coilovers and the top mounts...

However, mine seem STUPIDLY tight. And I don't want to risk rounding off the Allen key part on a brand new set of coilovers. I have tried using a bit of WD40 with no luck.

A) Were anyone else's the same?
B) Am I doing the right thing?
C) If yes, any ideas on doing it safely?

For now Ive just stopped, as once Ive rounded the part, it becomes my f*ck up. Might have to ring Kam racing on monday.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ive got an impact gun. However that wont help as all it would do is spin the shaft really fast. You need the allen key to hold it.

No, but I need to split the top mounts and coilover to fit them
If you pulse the gun it'll take them off. I did mine this way with an air gun with my last top mounts. Didn't have to hold the Allen key.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Black bit sits underneath in the turret and the bronze discs with the 3 bolts goes on top in the engine bay. Turning the disc on top will move the coilover into more or less camber/castor.

Black bit sits underneath in the turret and the bronze discs with the 3 bolts goes on top in the engine bay. Turning the disc on top will move the coilover into more or less camber/castor.

Ill be getting the geo done once its all fitted, but out of interest, if that disc just spins, how do you adjust the camber and castor independently?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Ill be getting the geo done once its all fitted, but out of interest, if that disc just spins, how do you adjust the camber and castor independently?

If it's just by using that disc, its a compremise between the two. Or you can use them in conjunction with camber bolts.