ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Issues phase 1 with its ktec kit

black 172 phase1
Just curious if anyone has had issues with the ktec itb kit with gen 90 on phase 1 car ran fine beforehand, can't connect ecu to laptop at all as well as having no power to the fuel pump the pin changes given seem to be all over the place ktec have been absolute rubbish with the customer service

black 172 phase1
I fit it has been on the car for about two and a half weeks from what I gathered i imagined it as bolt on ecu connect then away we go there is a bit of a story behind the delivery and missing a couple of bits as well

Mec 350 slk manual
From what I've seen it's generally missing a bit of fuel in the map too.
Dan I looked into this kit with the gen90 with the a basic map but it would cost around £200 for there software package to play around with the gen90 and with all the trouble like filter breaking up I am happy To have gave this a big thumbs down , and picked up mikes at power itbs just waiting for the omex600 .

black 172 phase1
I will know monday if they get back to me as they seem to forgot emailing and calling people on a regular basis

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
This might be a stupid question but have you checked continuity of the connection to the fuel pump. Just in case there's a dry joint as it was working. That's if you soldered the wires that is.

black 172 phase1
Connecting the gen 90 to the pc is the first problem as with the pin changes theres a couple of pins too move which arent there as well as one which goes to a pin where theres a wire already which doesnt have to move i think the ecu is the main concern here ktec should have this sorted as i dont think this is the first time. keeping customers in the loop wouldnt go astray

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Yep that was my main problem with them...customer service is rubbish

black 172 phase1
Can anyone share some insight on the pin changes that have to be made followed the ktec ones but don't seem correct helpfull if someone with a phase one sorted out there'sthere's

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
sure you have the right map version for a ph1? it's different and if you have a ph2 map it won't fire the fuelpump

black 172 phase1
I have no idea what map version they sent mate anyway to check will this stop you from logging into gentuner

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We are working on a solution at this very moment, we have had a couple of guys off over the last few days which has meant a delay in progress. The car is the other side of the world and the chassis number (CB15) is now having some further investigation through Renault. Rest assured we are on the case and fully intend to find a positive solution.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Major part of the issue now solved. I will give the OP the chance to up date you first ;)

black 172 phase1
the issues have all been sorted in all honestly andy was the only one who really came to the party, i dont think i will buy there again. The underlining issue is that it doesnt need to get to this stage to cause problems there is another order that was done in oct that is still getting dealt with,once again it shouldnt get to this stage although ktec have come to the party with some help, i think this is just to get half a sale .They where more then happy to take the money swiftly but following up was definatley not the strong suit.

black 172 phase1
another quick update this is now costing a small fortune due to the inadequate wiring changes given to me from ktec

black 172 phase1
still in a workshop with an auto elctrician well i do know there is a bridge from my neutral tps sensor to the neutral on my battery just to get that to work