ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It ends, here...?

MINI JCW
I agree the 172cup should be slightly quicker (everything else being constant)out of the 172/182 as it has the highest power to weight ratio.

here is a list of the power to weight ratio in bhp per tonne

172 - 157
172 cup - 170
182 - 167
182cup - 169
182 trophy -169 (although some would argue 170 due to lighter wheels)

just to confuse the issue though the 182 has differnet tyres and its max torque comes in slighlty earlier in the rev range and obviously this will affect acceleration, also Im not convinced one little bit by the 172cup producing the most power.me thinks a different day would tell a different story

EVOgone said:
BHP is no substitute for a good driver....alls we are talking about is 50kg and 5bhp..

Get some track instruction and you will be a hell of a lot quicker than the above will ever give you.
Your so right.
Otherwise there be more dci owners out there. After all some RS arn't that quick round Oulton.

interesting thread ,i dont suppose all tyre pressures were checked to be at a standard level because a few more or less psi in the round rubber things will alter your roller results and when your talking about results that are so close ,just altering tyre pressures could change the whole outcome as to who makes the most power.
i would just say they are all near as damn it the same and leave it at that.

133/225/CLS AMG
This is gonna be a long post!! lol

Ok rather than arguing which is faster how about we all agree on some points........
1/. All the RenaultSport Clios cars are a bargain!
2/. All the RenaultSport Clios are fecking rapid
3/. All the RenaultSport Clios handle well
4/. All the RenaultSport Clios look cool!!

The performance differences are pretty minimal on day to day use!! So what a Cup might shave a second off a track time compared to a full fat, but...........a full fat has leather and climate control!!!!! oooooooh, big deal. They are all wicked and anyone who has any of them is a luck b*gger.

** this comes from a Megane 225 driver though haha **

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
MarkCup said:
But that is EXACTLY my point.

The facts are clear (and I've not seen any evidence to the contrary yet), move on...ban/delete any threads that turn into slanging matches beacause it doesn't matter and we all look like stupid c***s to the rest of the net.

BenR or AndyGDI or Mike or Alex care to comment on thrashing hard regularly?

But rolling roads can be fairly inconsistent sometimes. There are a lot of variables to consider.