ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It snowed in Croydon today

Had a little play today with my new foam lance and a collection of test samples.

DSC_0170.gif

DSC_0169.gif

DSC_0172.gif

DSC_0174.gif

DSC_0177.gif

It even snowed on the wifes car;

DSC_0182.gif

Mito Sportiva 135
Spunktastic Matt! Nice number plate too on the Trophy! Must get a foam gun at some point still...

I'v found with these that they look pretty but remove bugger all from the car

May just be worth getting one for the fun factor though :)

During the winter months use it as a pre-wash to soften the dirt & grime and then follow with the two bucket method.

During the summer if the car is just dusty then spray, rinse and dry.

Yes they are lots of fun, got a few weird looks from the neighbours. :)

Mito Sportiva 135
They definitely do help, if nothing else the extra lubrication reduces friction and therefore also reduces chances of inducing swirls when washing, and I am only using the Super Spray at the moment still, a "proper" foam lance would be much better.

Tangoed Works
Super spray is more than adequate imo, but no denying the fact the full on power washer experience looks spunk tastic!

A well built VW
:(

With my NHB civic I could do a touchless wash more often than not using one of these and a PW , My car had been fully detailed and wore 2 coats of Collinite and always came up gleaming and we all know how bad black cars are

Some good results one of the things i miss since splitting with the wife is going out on a Sunday and foaming the car :dapprove: Nit hard in a 3rd floor flat now tho ;)

Our new HD Foam Lance with 1 Litre bottle is now in stock and available with a choice of connectors for Karcher, KEW/ALTO & Lavor @ £49.95, add 5 litres of I4DETAILING Snow Foam for only £10.95 (normal price £12.95).

Use the coupon code 'cliosport' to get 7.5% discount of the above rates.

HDFOAMLANCE.jpg

Also available;

Gilmour Foamaster II
I4DETAILING Snow Wax 5L
I4DETAILING Citrus Foam 5L

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Foam_Pre-Wash_1.html

Mito Sportiva 135
^ nice one Matt when I come to buy one over Easter will definitely order from you. When you say "new" though is that to you or is it a new product, as had heard there were a few minor problems with the old lance?

^ nice one Matt when I come to buy one over Easter will definitely order from you. When you say "new" though is that to you or is it a new product, as had heard there were a few minor problems with the old lance?

These lances are the new improved version, I had one of the old ones and the brass pins fell out & the end used to fall off. This has now been fixed.

Unfortunately all foam lances share the same brass Karcher connectors, which can sometime be a real pain to attach and remove. Although there are a couple of methods to fix this. No problems for users of KEW/ALTO or Lavor.

Mito Sportiva 135
Thanks Matt, won't be for a couple of months when I am back at home but I will let you know, ta :cool:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
How much for that test sample and what does it include ?

Not the foam gun though, just bought one, its quality

How much for that test sample and what does it include ?

Not the foam gun though, just bought one, its quality

The test sample were issued to me by the manufacturers, I only stock them in 5 litre containers - prices below.

I4DETAILING Snow Foam @ 12.95
I4DETAILING Snow Wax @ 13.95
I4DETAILING Citrus Snow Foam @ 14.95
I4DETAILING Bright Wheel -ACID FREE @ 14.95

All available less 7.5% 'cliosport' discount.

What difference does the Citrus version have, Matt, just better cleaning power?

Yes the Citrus version is a highly concentrated cleaner foam. It is recommended that you use half the amount as you would with normal snow foam.

I have been assured by the manufacturers that it will not strip wax when used correctly.

I been testing this product now for a couple of weeks on the wifes car and this morning it was still beading very nicely after a shower of rain.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
What difference does the Citrus version have, Matt, just better cleaning power?

Yes the Citrus version is a highly concentrated cleaner foam. It is recommended that you use half the amount as you would with normal snow foam.

I have been assured by the manufacturers that it will not strip wax when used correctly.

I been testing this product now for a couple of weeks on the wifes car and this morning it was still beading very nicely after a shower of rain.

So basically a stronger version of the normal formulation then, for dirtier cars?

If so, I will probably just stick to the normal version then, although I am not sure why but I always want to buy anything with the word "citrus" in as I imagine eating some juicy orange or something...probably not a wise idea! :boring:

So basically a stronger version of the normal formulation then, for dirtier cars?

If so, I will probably just stick to the normal version then, although I am not sure why but I always want to buy anything with the word "citrus" in as I imagine eating some juicy orange or something...probably not a wise idea! :boring:

LOL - No you wouldn't want to eat / drink it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Probably not! :cool:

Nice ad banner by the way, just noticed it! You thought about any Yell.com space too, its quite cheap and can be goo value for money, although not sure if there is much to do with detailing on there? Think when I was at work we paid something like £700 for two banners in different areas for a quarter, for national advertising thats pretty good!

Probably not! :cool:

Nice ad banner by the way, just noticed it! You thought about any Yell.com space too, its quite cheap and can be goo value for money, although not sure if there is much to do with detailing on there? Think when I was at work we paid something like £700 for two banners in different areas for a quarter, for national advertising thats pretty good!

Yes the banner went up last night.

Have also been accepted as an approved supplier over on detailingworld and have agreed to sponsor the Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze section. Just waiting for them to make an announcement on the forum and put up my logo.

That will be all my advertising for the time being. ;)

Random I know - But a little while ago I was at the car wash where it had once of those foamers and thought that looks nice so I tried it - tasted alright. Kinda like refreshers!! LOL

Mito Sportiva 135
Mat7 - nice one, pleased its taking off. Will be putting an order your way when I am back home anyways, just no point whilst at uni - don't even have a tap here!

Mattjk - you IDIOT child! :rasp: