ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB clio vs CTR

182 cup
Have heard that the 1*2's are evenly matched upto 100ish against the EP3 CTR, then the civic pulls ahead.

Has anyone had an experiece against one in an ITB'd clio? any vids out there??

Or even a vid of a standard clio vs an ITB'd car?

Just contemplating doing it to mine and wondered what the outcome would be

Mike

It feels like my type r is quicker above 100 without a doubt than my ITB'd clio - they're just not build for top end, up to 100 no contest really.

I wouldnt do it again, id save my money and drive it more instead.

182 cup
Cheers Ben.

options were bodies on the Cup or wait 2 years and go in for a 200. Think I will be waiting...........

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Have no problem getting past Type R's in standard form, even S2000's with the RS2 manifold/cams, can pull ahead even into the triple figures

Ps - Type R's are like buses on track lol, Cracking engines though!

53 Clio's & counting
Have had 2 blats with type R's, one belonging to a friend, one a stranger. Nailed both, pulled a good few lengths, id estimate 5 or so Did the same to a S2000 also.

That was well into 5th gear.

Just my experiences though, it all depends on the car the driver etc etc

Turbo LY R27
Have no problem getting past Type R's in standard form, even S2000's with the RS2 manifold/cams, can pull ahead even into the triple figures

Ps - Type R's are like buses on track lol, Cracking engines though!

Which track day did you take your bus to? My CTR would av you in the twisties!! ;)

ITB'd MK1
I was p0wning CTRs in a 205gti 8 years ago. Heavy old beasts really.

Mind you my RSi pretty much walks on 1*2s. Throttle bodies are for winners

C

clio-lord

Just waiting to map up the rs2 manifold and I'll fit out. Only thing is. My friend has the k pro think on his and its fast.

Evo 5 RS
Depends what you want from a car, I never had a problem out pacing EP3s. Still not what you'd call a day and night difference though. An EP3 is a much more refined car than a cup on bodies .. obviously

If you got into a drag at some traffic lights with a CTR, it would probably come down to the driver and on a track it would depend on how many long straights there were.

Performance wise, theres not much in it, handling wise the clio is the better of the two.

I got rid of a CTR EP3 a few months ago and bought a FF 172 and there really isnt much in it worth shouting about.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
lol at Bus, the handling isn't exactly s**t. Just as chuckable as a clio even with the extra weight.

Just been watching the old Fifth Gear clip where the Clio gets rinsed by the EP3 on track. Have to lol at Stiff saying the CTR has the best steering ever in a hot hatch, though. LOL did he even drive it?

I probably mentioned it in the other EP3 thread, but I was genuinely stunned at the turning circle when I got the CTR. If you pass a junction and want to spin around in the next one, its genuinely impossible to just circle it without having to put an extra reverse in there. Its such a pain in the arse in these small carparks that are being built now.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
The turning circle is crap and the steering genuinely is awful. It stiffens up when you're parking and on the boil you seem to get completely random feedback as to what's going on under the front wheels!

320d
Just been watching the old Fifth Gear clip where the Clio gets rinsed by the EP3 on track. Have to lol at Stiff saying the CTR has the best steering ever in a hot hatch, though. LOL did he even drive it?
I thought that. I haven't driven a CTR but it seemed to be the opposite to what every body else says about them. To be honest there would be minimal difference around a track between a 1*2 and EP3 around a track. I do want to try an EP3 just to try the engine and 'box though.