ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB Clio's

polo gt
Hi everyone,

Having previously owned a PH1 172 a few years back, I'm now looking to get back into the fold and am wanting to buy an RS Clio with Throttle Bodies (ITBs). However they appear to be like the proverbial rocking horse waste. :cry:

Cheers

Ademan

Last edited by a moderator:
  RS 172
You not up for getting it done yourself? I havent looked into it but I would assume most that come up for sale with it already done will have priced it heavily into the sale?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yeah that tends to be the case, wouldn't it be more fun to buy a ph1 (they can be picked up relatively cheap), and do the itb's yourself? Yeah might be a few man hours to achieve the end goal but you'll know it's be done to your own standards and you'll probably save quite a bit of money of the asking price - that's when one turns up.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Don't come up that often. There's an ITB kit for sale in the for sale section. Buy this, then buy a clio. Job done!

You'll need to pay your membership first though!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Most ITB'd cars end up been returned to standard and the ITB kit sold individually. They are worth more like this and the Kit is very easy to Fit/Remove so its easy enough.

The do come up for sale every so often though.

Last edited:
  polo gt
This is another path which I have considered, however would prefer to have one that is already built and proven to save a bit of time as I don't have a scooby about getting this set-up, ECU Mapping etc etc.

172 Race Car
Plenty of very established specialsts on here that can help with fitting/mapping/setup etc.

RS Tuning, BTM, Tour-De-Force etc

polo gt
Thanks for the advice, a PH1 would be nice with ITB's, might have to be done, as I only do 3/5k miles a year so could get a high miler.

I have been out of the loop for a while I can remember Yozzasport, Angelworks, K-Tec, GDI, are these guys still popular with Clio owners getting mods?

Basically have 6k to spend and would like 200BHP + so am looking for a Clio with throttles and cams.

Ph1
Thanks for the advice, a PH1 would be nice with ITB's, might have to be done, as I only do 3/5k miles a year so could get a high miler.

I have been out of the loop for a while I can remember Yozzasport, Angelworks, K-Tec, GDI, are these guys still popular with Clio owners getting mods?

Basically have 6k to spend and would like 200BHP + so am looking for a Clio with throttles and cams.

6k, forget ITB's then you need a Supercharger in your life and you'll still have 2k left over, could even use that to forge the bottom end and aim for well in the 300's.

Have a hunt for some of the vids.

As for the tuners have a search there has been a few changes

182 S
6k, forget ITB's then you need a Supercharger in your life and you'll still have 2k left over, could even use that to forge the bottom end and aim for well in the 300's.

Have a hunt for some of the vids.

As for the tuners have a search there has been a few changes
i think hes got 6k for the car and TBs all together matey. could be wrong though :)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
We've got a group buy running on another forum for jenvey throttleboddies which finishes end of march.. Can get you a set cheaper off the back of this, so if you're interested just send over a pm