ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB Questions

172 Cup
Hi guys,

Have owned my Cup for just over a year now andhave spent quite a wee bit of money getting it totally mechanically sound. Looking to do a bit of modification to it now as I don't need to rely on the car as a day to day driver. I'm not bothered about doing things like air filters/exhausts etc which make negligible differences for the outlay. Been doing a bit of reading on getting independant throttle bodies. Thinking about getting the Ktech bolt on kit with the Omex management. I was wondering if anyone has ran this or an equivalent system on their cars and done quite a fair bit of mileage? I also live a fair bit of way from any of the places that can do the conversion so am thinking of buying the kit from ktech and bolting it on myself. Has anyone done this by themselves. Is it all just bolting on etc or is there any cutting/drilling etc involved with the installation. I am moderately ok at doing things on the car, eg changed the cambelt/dephaser myself. Also what mpg drop can I expect with equivalent driving off the car once it is installed?

Thanks

Will

ValverInBits
also consider GDI, but Ktec are good too.
If you've done a cambelt, i wouldnt worry about your ability to bolt on ITBs.
good luck

raw striker
hi will,

i would say if you are fairly competent with a spanner you should have no problem at all, the kits are designed very much with people such as yourself in mind who want to fit the kit themselves. the ktec-gdi kit comes with a very good set of installation instructions that have been used by many customers now with no real problems to report. if you do have any questions then just call the omex or gdi tech backup helpline and they can help you through any problems or qeuries.
everything is designed to be either a bolt on direct replacement or as straight forward as possible. the only thing i would say you might struggle with doing it on a driveway for example is fitting the bonnet pins yourself. the older style steel ones are straight forward but if you want the newer type flush catches (which are far nicer imo) then you will need a compressor with a die grinder really. but if you have access to one of these then game on :)

hope this helps.

Focus RS Mk1
as already said the kits are well designed to bolt on with no real tircky problems. you will need to take a feed from the thermostate housing and you'l need to tee into a few wires for the omex loom. thats as tricky as it gets.

MPG will go down a little but not much. of course drive it hard and you'l see it plumet as in any car!