ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB teething problems

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Right, going on from my original thread, i loaded a new map onto the omex and it has solved the revving issue, and i have balanced each TB to 6kg/hr

took it out for a drive and all seems fine, throttle response is VERY sensitive, gave myself whiplash a few times lol i suppose having a solid dogbone and the k-tec uprated mounts adds to that aswell

anyway, when the car is left to idle, it will randomly spark/ignite down one of the trumpets, this can be heard as a ticking sort of noise, and can be seen if you look down the trumpet, it also seems to do it more if the throttle is opened ever so slightly, we raised the idle up ever so slightly and it would spark every 2 or 3 seconds, randomly aswell, not on the same TB every time

this is the video from when the car wouldn't rev, but it shows the same sparking problem

th_Video0029.jpg

anyone got any ideas?

2005 Nissan Navara
No, add more fuel via the ecu software.
What rpm is it idling at?
If youve been adjusting the base idle, you should also re-calibrate the TPS.

Have you got a lambda gauge?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
idles at 850 to 950 iirc (tends o fluctuate a bit)

we put the idle back to its original position afterwards, so the TPS should be ok, but i can always re-calibrate if need be

no i don't have a lambda gauge

2005 Nissan Navara
check the ignition values at 0 load for 0-1000rpm, set them all the same innitially.

Do the same with the fuelling, increase it a little bit, the revs will likely pick up and the inlet backfiring will stop.

If the cams are quite wild you will likely have to tweak each ign site around idle to smooth off the idle.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
if the ECU has auto zero set for TPS, you wont need to calibrate it

as Craige says, it likely to be too lean...

have you a narrow band lambda connected?

if so you can see what the fueling is doing at idle...., but add some more fuel....

you really do need a lambda reader to get this right.... (Inovate sell some wel priced items)

if its using the initial map that i sent you the ign values will be the same for the bottom few sites on the 0% throttle line

if you need some more help give me a call at work and I will talk you through it

Andy