ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

itg maxogen or pipercross viper

need an induction kit but cant decide on the best buy. cash flow aint a problem but dont wanna part with £300 for something which is no better than standard. open to any suggestions if ive missed a better system. oh almost forgot its going on my 182!! help, anyone?

I think the ITG is rated better for gains, but the Viper is rated better for value for money. Thats all I know. Personally I wont be spending any money on power gains until I go the whole nine yards in 3 years time (200bhp+ NA or possibly blown to 220+)

according to r-tecs writeup its the other way!! they claim you get a better increase from the viper which i found very strange?!?! hence this thread

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Personally i dont rate the viper, i prefer the bmc cda and the maxogen.

Only ever had the cda, and my mate has a maxogen on his 206.

seriously just a panel filter with the standard airbox? could be a very cheap option as they only cost about forty notes!!

yeah ITG panel filter is the way of the future. ITG panel and de-cat seems to be the stealthy mods that genuinly do release a bit of power unlike other things which make noise but not much more power.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Alot of money for only 8bhp, where as a panel filter you can get 3bhp. According to manufactures results!
Not worth realy.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Agree with the panel comments, itg panel is what im running over the cda.

Skoda Fabia vRS

out of the two, if cash isnt a problem at all, ITG

it IS the superior product but you do pay for it, if you can afford it then go for it

Quote: Originally posted by msa182 on 22 May 2005

Alot of money for only 8bhp, where as a panel filter you can get 3bhp. According to manufactures results!
Not worth realy.
if it works its worth it, what else could i buy for the money that will give a better result? looks like its going to be the itg maxogen then. dont want to buy something to find there is a better system on the market on the market that i should have bought instead. if i buy the best then it will compliment any other bits i buy and all work together!! (hopefully) aiming to break 200bhp if possible. maybe a dream but worth a dam good try. if not id better save the £6k to get the engine blown!

Suzuki SV650

If you are aiming for 200bhp then I will say what many others will say,"You get what you pay for", and you wont break the 200bhp barrier without spending some serious dosh. But for a start an ITG Maxogen and de-cat pipe would probably be your best starting points.

Quote: Originally posted by EK05YTO on 22 May 2005

de cat or sports cat? is there much difference?
My 172 is running ITG panel, with KTEC stealth cat - back system and a sports cat...Does it make a difference? I have no hard data to back this up, but the car feels quicker and more responsive, than when it was standard.

Basically a sports cat isnt as good at a de-cat because a de-cat is just a straight through pipe costing about £60 to fabricate. The sports cat is about £250 or something i think. Bit of a rip-off for less power really.

Quote: Originally posted by andy_leitch on 22 May 2005

Basically a sports cat isnt as good at a de-cat because a de-cat is just a straight through pipe costing about £60 to fabricate. The sports cat is about £250 or something i think. Bit of a rip-off for less power really.
Agree with above, but sport cat conforms with omissions laws so no need to swap back at MOT time.

pah mot is 3 years away! time to start shopping i think and worry about the mot at a much later date. ill just keep the old cat for when that comes about. the itg it is and no looking back, lol

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

What about the reverie filter, someone posted a pic a while ago and it looked the part (and cost it) but not sure on claimed gains or if its now on sale.

its the power that matters to me, not how it looks. i bought this car to drive not stand next to it showing how clean my engine bay is!! lol

Remapped derv Golf

I perfer a panel filter. Imo an i/k is a waste of time unless you use a massive air feed from the front of the car.

Plus an I/k is a mod and a panel filter is just a better quality item. Like using better tyres or oil. Plus one is £40 and the other is over £200 + whatever they add to youre insurance.

My ITG panel made loads of difference over the fram paper jobbie! Much free reving and mid range torque is better.

Also the standard 182 airbox is pretty good to start with so youll never see the kind of gains you get on a VTS or 106 GTi.