ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG panel V K&N ??

172 Credit crunch edition
Hi I am currently running a itg panel filter in my 172 cup but i personally think that it is constraining the engine to breathe. (It is really sticky and oily??) i was told that by changing to a K&N it will make it breathe easier?? (My friend has exact same car and itg installed and changed to the K&N) I personally think that it would benefit from a K&N but i always see/read good things about the ITG ???:S :S

So any help on this will be excellent

Yeah i have always heard ITG were good but i cant see how they are better than a K&N i mean ITG are really oily and sticky i cant personally see how the car breathes easy with them fitted??

Surely a K&N would be better as they are not sticky like the ITG??? therfore air in theory should pass through easier thus making the engine breathe easier??

if you want to buy the K&N you dont need our approval.

lol Wind your neck in!!!

I dont need any approval all i was trying to ascertain was whether someone who has owned both produts could second my freinds opionion

keep the itg. don't waste your money on something that will probably make your car a tiny bit slower.

I assume you're talking about an open cone filter? Do a search, there's plenty of info on this

No not open cone filter a panel filter still
Cliokhunt: yeah i know its supposed to be oily be this is like really really sticky and if you run your finger over it it sort of glues the foam together???

Is it supposed to be like this?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Cliokhunt: yeah i know its supposed to be oily be this is like really really sticky and if you run your finger over it it sort of glues the foam together???

Sounds like it needs cleaning. Have you got the kit (with oil)?

Oh, ok. No harm in replacing an old filter although a good clean will probably do. What make you choose is up to you

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
What difference will it make between a K&n or an ITG panelfilter? I have a K&N panel filter and I'm happy with it.
My dad had a Maxogen on his Subaru. 3 times changed under warranty. The shape of the filter changed all the time. Blurry stuf.

No i havent got the kit bought the car with the ITG already installed anyone know where i can get the kit from?

Tangoed Works
I cleaned my K&N after 25k miles. Car definately pulls harder throughout and you dont have to press the throttle as much to speed up when cruising. Mpg up 2 according to the computer as well!

Cant go wrong!

Goign by what you have just said i reckon it could benefit from a clean up Thanks for advice guys.