ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's Been A While

S4 Avant
Erm hi..... Since my laptop died and the Clio died, I've not been about that much. So much catching up has to be done. Are the retards still joining thick and fast, and what comedy gold have I missed?

Since the end of May I've done around 800 miles in the car, I've been constantly trying to get to the bottom of a loud whine that won't go away. Poor thing's sat on axle stands with spiders webs all over it.

So far in this epic saga, I've had the gearbox out twice, clutch and release bearing replaced, gearbox refurbed, offside drive shaft replaced and now onto the wheel bearings. Crashing into a curb after I'd done the drive shaft didn't help my cause, but I hope once it's back together, it'll finally work again.

Basically I've got an assortment of pictures for your amusement documenting the last 6 months, car wise.

Off to work, taking it apart, again. This coming from the man with the mechanical knowledge of 3 year old.

5eebf866.jpg

008ea17f.jpg

dbce9d4d.jpg

d4ed3233.jpg

Plank tech y0

b8da7fc9.jpg

319a6027.jpg

Box out finally. This was around July I think
4bff551d.jpg

Garage well and truly full of crap
12aa2287.jpg

Space where the box used to be
4b290ade.jpg

Then it came to putting it all back together, after bolting the TDC sensor inside the bell housing and having to take the box off for a third time, I managed to get it working again, but 2 weeks later the whine came back.<br><br>So the drive shaft was done. By this point I was getting into ever more extravagant ways of documenting what I had done.
th_63c1378d.jpg

With the noise still there, I decided the wheel bearings would be my next point of call, which timed in nicely with me sliding sideways up a curb, so the car went back to it's home (2ft in the air)

The damage

ab0c3488.jpg

The nice straight wheel

d15349dc.jpg

The beginning of hub removal.

6a6db0b0.jpg

....and just as I was starting to think my bad luck was limited to the clio, I was driven into in my fiesta by a woman in a volvo, who thought driving on the right hand side of the road was cool.

05ebb60d.jpg

£10 mirror from the scrappies sorted that one out though.<br><br>So here's hoping the Clio is working this time next week.

Last edited:
  Disastra Coupe
Lol... And here's me moaning it's been a week since i last saw my car.

That was a bad day for both of us when the Fiesta and Clio got hit :rasp:

Bus w**ker
I've not missed you.

If you had a picture of you using two fork lift trucks to work on your car I may have, but you don't.

S4 Avant
Nope, just been without real Internet. Purchasing an iMac on Saturday though, normal service will resume.

S4 Avant
It f**king works! The whining noise has gone! For the time being at least...

Now just got to replace the oil pressure sensor, and hope the oil and stop lights go out. And fill it with fresh petrol.