ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

its f*cking leaking - help

went out 2 my car this morning to go 2 work in it,

and after the rain the sun roof is leaking a bit, so waters coming in,round the interior light bit,

how do i stop it, im very p*ssed off as i was getting wet with the drips !

any one help me with how to stop it ?

(its my valver)

How funny NOT!!

Mine has just started to leak all over me to! Its coming in through the interior light and electric sunroof switch near the standard alarm sensor!

Any-body??????

silver valver/hybrid

well i had a badly leaking sunroof, and i put some flue sealant round the outside, looked messy but did the job. then when i had the respray they put a new seal in. After a light rain during the night i got another soaking in the morning, but last night it rained cats and dogs, and no drips this morning!?

common thing is the arial, take the plastic cover thing down for the blipper, and youll see the nut for the ariel, put some sealant around, but make sure it is nice and tight! if that dosent work, you might need a new sunroof seal.

3 things......

1st, its coming from your aerial base. Check it tight and not coming away from the roof. If it is or its cracked a new one is only £4odd from Renault.

2nd, its coming from around the sunroof frame. The water tends to lift the frame away from the roof and leak in. To fix this, just put some clear silicon all the way around the edge of the frame. Just make sure its really dry cos it wont stick properly to the roof otherwise.

3rd, its coming from around the glass, because of a knackered s/r seal. Renault being the french tw*ts they are dont do replacement seals, only frames.....the result of this being over £200 for the frame and around £150 labour to fit it (Sunroof specalist, not Renault)

Hope this helps you out mate.

p.s. Do a search for this as well, been asked loads of times. There might be some things that Ive missed

Tom

Same thing happened to my valver...things i did to stop it were

1. go round the sunroof edge and apply silicone sealant round it

2. Apply sealant round the arial

3. Seal the sunroof completely (this fixed the leaking, but i cant open the sunroof anymore)

or replace the sunroof

lol its proper annoying when it leaks ! mine used to do it so i sealed round the aerial and it was fine.Well i hope so just gotta wait till it next rains lol.

Pop out ya interior lights - the cover and the actual light fitting inside too. then behind it all ull see the nut holding ya ariel on. get a socket and tighten the bugger up! it just where the ariel bounces around as its been driven over the years and worked its way loose.

(u may even wanna loosen it more, put a bit of silicon in the hole then tighten it back up. - REAL TIGHT)

- Ben j - green is best!

honda accord 2.4 type s

Use clear silicone sealer. Put that underneath the black rubber moulding that fits the to actual roof. The silicone is a bugger to work with, but it cleared the problem on mine no bother

its a common problem with all mk1 clios as far as no i must know at least 6peeps inc me who have had it, mine turned out to be ariel like some1 else sed

Quote: Originally posted by Black16v on 01 November 2003

wait till it rains???

What about the last few days?????
because i only just sealed it ! while it had stopped raining !

And today its raining again but not leaking..:D

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

mine doesnt leak but I get wind noise through the sunroof on motorways - if I hold the leccy sunroof button it stops put as soon as you let go it starts up again - Kinda like it doesnt go that extra bit to seal it!

You reckon clear Silicon could fix that?