ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its never Ending!!!

Renault have just replaced my Sunroof, again, which has not improved it in any way, in fact they succeeded in putting a hole in my headlining (which they are replacing) and causing other parts of the roof to rattle!

I am really getting fed up now, the dealership have been really helpful but its just been one problem after another, its getting to the point where after 4.5 months and 6.5k miles I am seriously considering getting rid of the car because driving the car around for the next two and a half years with the sunroof like this is gonna drive me insane!

That coupled with the other problems ive had I dont think the car is gonna last that long!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Maybe they arent too busy just now and are making some extra jobs for themselves!

I think that once a sunroof leaks or squeaks, it is very difficult to get it right, even if they put in a new one. On a new car like that, I would give them one more go at it and then tell them to keep it until it is perfect.

Ive complained to Renault UK now and told them they have to sort it as I am really fed up! If not Ive decided after my hols im probably trade it in for a new beetle as thats a VW and should be a hell of a lot better!!!

Youve had so much crap with that car....you could understand it if it was a 20 year old skoda, but not a new car...:(

Ive been to my local dealer so many times in 8 months of ownership, all small problems that were easy to sort, but thats not the point, I got rid of my old car coz I was sick of living at Ford, and that car had good reason after doing well over 100k...its not on :sick:

Clio 1.6 16V

Billabong, my dealer recently replaced the whole sunroof assembly on my 2003 1.6, and so far, so good. So, if done properly it can be made to operate quietly. Dont give up yet. They also replaced the creaking gland plate behind the steering wheel and that too is now quiet. They have replaced the pass seat runners twice without success so going in on Mon to have the seat frame replaced. This car has been back about 8 times now. But progress is being made! My dealer is fortunately very professional and helpful about these issues. So dont give up just yet! At one point I was at rock bottom too and asked to reject the car. Good luck mate. The VW is a nice car but not as much fun to drive as a good Clio!

Dealers are sometimes complete muppets, my clio is now on its 3rd sunroof and has been quiet for well over a year now. If they investigated the problem fully, theyd realise that its not the sunroof that rattles at all. The only reason they found the problem in the end is because I told them what it was (have a mate that works for Renault UK) and it was fixed, they were a bit embarrased as they didnt need to replace the sunroof at all.

stu

Clio 1.6 16V

Soaps, there is apparently a gland plate thingy behing the airbags on the steering wheel. This was "creaking" on my 1.6. Ive heard similar noises on the 172 but not so loud, like a quiet buzzing noise when you turn the s/wheel quickly at lower parking speeds. Now that they have changed it all is well.