ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes is either s**t, or I'm a dumbass.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ok.

It can't just be me. I've spoken to a few friends (albeit women) asking what's the deal.

I'm just putting some albums onto itunes, and all is well..... Until I get to the ones with various artists.

itunes is listing the album up to 20 times (once for each artist that is on there). And when I try to play it (on itunes) it will just load that song.

Surely there's a way to have it grouped by Album properly rather than having to make seperate playlists for seperate albums..

Can someone shed some light please.

Right click on the tracks, get info.. set it to be part of a compilation. The reason they are separated is because you probably have a different artist for each track?

There's also an option to group compilations.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Re: iTunes is either s**t, or I'm a dumbass.

Yay!

Thanks Daz. None of my friends knew strangely...

Onto another Q though. Is there a version of Garageband that works on Windows? Or another app that will?

Storm Grey 200

^No, you can get other music making software, but none of it is similar, in the pure ease of use

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Hmm ok. Well I've never used it so can't comment on ease of use, just going off what people seem to have said on here.

Does it just have to be a certain format? If so which?

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Just to document how I did it.

Edit the music in whatever editing software you have. (I used Premier Pro just because I don't have anything exclusive to audio installed).

Adjust sound levels and length etc until you have what you want.

Import it into your iTunes Library, then find the said song (probably easiest to sort by length and goto the top).

Right click the file and click Convert to AAC.

Then right click on the copy it made, and press Open in Explorer (or something to that effect).

Change the extension from .m4a to .m4r

Double click that file and it will appear in the Ringtones section and transfer the next time you sync.

It didn't take me any time because I'd already got the ~30 second long clips. Although on a few websites I've visited they seem to think the 3G phone can take anything up to 3MB.

2002 Cup172

Ive got some simple but very good software you could try.

this is pretty similar to garage band in essence but windows format.

i use this nearly everyday to make tunes from scratch. make mashups. and just generally play around give it a try you can try a full demo download from this link.
plenty of loops and stuff to get you started.
http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/download.htm

if you do decide to buy it choose the option of the bundle you get twice as many samples but if not they give you loads of links to royalty free samples anyway.

Hope youenjoy it matey.

Oh and just to stay on Subject I-Tunes it pants bin it and use Winamp in stead so much simpler, more control, free, and looks so fab.

the only thing i use itunes for is games and podcasts. but you can get them elsewhere really u just have to look.
all i would sugest is that if you do use games on your ipod sync it in itunes then use anysoftware that will recognise the ipod to do the music in it