ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iv got £240 to spend on calumetphoto.co.uk?

CLIO PH1 172
hey people

iv got £240 to spend on www.calumetphoto.co.uk but dont know what to buy, atm all i have is a canon 450D with the normal lense and a tripod, i dont know whats best to spend the money on or what lens would be best to get if i get a lens?

to to let you know i enjoy taking photos of cars at shows ect but im an architect student so am ofter taking images of builds and also smaller scale models ect ?

hope some people with a better idea could help me decied what to get

thanks
A

Cupra
I'd get a 430EXII or something similar, then some cheap radio triggers from ebay (<£15). It would help you take decent shots of your scale models.

Any lens for £240 will not be much better for your purposes than the kit lens.

CLIO PH1 172
yea i know there expensive but i get i grant from my uni but they only deal with calumet soooo ..

i waas thinking of getting a flash any way and you think the 430 will b the best?

and whats the 50mm do whats the advatage of this and body have any pics they could post of what it can do ??

Cupra
I have the 430 mkI and it makes a huge difference over the built in flash. I'd definitely recomend the MkII.

The 50mm will let you play with narrow DOF, at a focal length that is suited to portraits but can be used for everything. Have a search on flickr for 50/50 or 50mm groups and you'll see what it can do. I'm not sure it would be a great addition for architecture or scale models unles you want the narrow DOF for them.