ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've broken my locking nut ... help!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just tried to take off my wheel, and managed to sheer the locking nut in the process!

What are my options now? Can I go to Renault and ask for a replacement?

So annoying - such a nice day, was going to give the car a good proper clean!

iceberg 172
o so its not the nut but the locking socket erm pass sure renault can get em, apart from that when my mate lost his he went to halfords. they sold his 1 that u hammer in the nut destroys it tho so that would meen replacing all of them

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Yep - the locking socket.

Ideally I would just want a replacement, I don't really want to start hammering away at the alloy tbh.

I will go to Renault tomorrow I think and see what they say!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
If you go to a local tyre fitter they can drill them off.

I had to get a replacement sent over from Germany when I knackered my Mcguard ones.

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
this just happened to me a few weeks ago. i rang renault and they said that thier is a number inside the wheel nut box or inside the service booklet which has the nut number on. then you have to ring the company yourself as renault do not order replacements, the only problem was the number i had to ring was french so i could not understand. does your wheel nuts have a spinning shoulder on them?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
f**k ringing for new nuts jesus, go to a garage they should either drill the nut or use a tool (which they did on mine) that twists the nut out

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Getting the wheels off at the moment are not a priority mate.

I need to get a replacement set in case I do need to get them off in an emergency!

My question was if I could get a replacement locking nut s

Yes you can get replacements, as said code should be in the box with the wheel nuts or on the service book.

If you do get them drilled off I'm pretty sure you could source a cheap set of gen locking nuts from here.

Happened to me last year.

Went to renault and they had a key that fitted and replaced them with non locking ones.

Cost about £50

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
if the shoulder spins the best thing to do is get the big hammer and chisel and totally f*ck it up lol, just chisel from the inside until you go through the shoulder, then whack a 15/16 socket not a 24 ;) over the top and try to twist it off if it does not work the socket needs to pulled off and try again. just pesevere with it, got all 4 of mine off in 2 hours, dont bother payin a garage to do it unless your not confident

182 cup Inferno
This happend to me yesterday broke the key so popped to a local garage where they hammerd a socket into the nuts and got them off that way only cost me £10 phoned renault dealer for a replacement said they have to order it from italy could take weeks so im just going to buy a new set

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Cheers for the advice.

Will try and get it sorted out as I'm going to need some new tyres soon!