ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ive fixed my valver stalling problem!

clio 182 FF + chipped
after battling with t for 2 years. i read that the screw on throttle housing is meant to be screwed right down so off i went screwed it down took it out didnt stall once.

b4 after 5 mins of the car warming up it would stall everytime the revs droppped when slowly down , stopping and changing gear!

Yes, if your throttle stop was phsycally stopping the butterfly from full closing, then the TPS signal would not be low enough to trip the ECU into idle strategy to control idle RPM and anti stall via the ISCV.

clio 182 FF + chipped
the one im talking about is on the throttle housing where the air filter goes on.you will see it theres like a tube of metal round it sticking up.

clio 182 FF + chipped
BenR said:
the one where the throttle stop touches on, its a grubb screw with a locking nut on.

are we talking about the same bit? where is the locking nut? mine is just a screw.is it underneath in the housing?

Recaro Black Gold 182
Is this the same for newer clios? Because i sometimes have trouble with my idle, after about 5mins it just conks out, this is a 1999 Mk2Ph1 1.2 8v. Any ideas?