ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've found the CTR ariel's successor

172 Cup
A short while ago I was looking around for pictures of the CTR ariel on Clio 1*2s. Since everyone was fitting them I thought it would be a nice subtle upgrade considering the standard ariels are horrendous looking!

However I eventually stumbled upon this picture which shows how they do not fit flush with the base plate and I just couldn't live with that, so I decided to forget about it.

ctr_ariel.gif

That was until earlier today I noticed the ariel on my Dad's Mazda 3 MPS, so I unscrewed it and tried it on my Cup and would you believe it, it fits perfectly! (Excuse the phone pictures)

ariel_04.gif

ariel_01.gif

And it misses the Cup spoiler...

ariel_02.gif

Here's the comparison between MPS ariel and standard (excuse the arm)...

ariel_03.gif

And a side-on shot...

ariel_05.gif

So there you have it. I'm buying one at the earliest opportunity, don't know how much they cost but it'll be worth it to be rid of the standard excuse. Thanks for looking in.

PS: oh and I tested it with Radio 1 and it works perfectly! :)

172 Cup
Sod buying one just nick your dads!

I did contemplate it but the Clio ariel would rub against his spoiler. hah. f**k it, I might put it to him later on, see what he says. I've got a fair idea though. ;)

White APE
Righty ho, im on the look out for one of them too!!

Post up if you find somewhere to get them.

197 FF + 370bhp Cupa K1
I assume this will fit a clio 3, I will be off to try one at mazda on monday, looks much better than the others. good find mate.

172 Cup
I assume this will fit a clio 3, I will be off to try one at mazda on monday, looks much better than the others. good find mate.

Cheers mate. My dad's just agreed to a swap, couldn't believe it. He said he doesn't care as long as he can pick up Signal 1. Bonus! :D

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Nice find!
The question is; is the reception from it any good?

I heard the ctr one isn't great.

172 Cup
Update: Been to Mazda today to order one for my partner's Clio and they cost £12.98 plus the VAT, for anyone who's interested.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Part number as above! Or PM me your dads reg number(if you dont mind)! May be able to get a bit of discount!

172 Cup
I don't have the part number at the moment, I will ask the bloke on the desk when I go to collect it Thursday morning and post it here.

Will PM you the reg Steve.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got one from a dodge caliber on mine fines fine and made my reception better and it looks the same as that mazda one if a bit shorter