ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i've got to thinking...

you may know it, clio?
i've got a 1.2 16V billabong in good nick

i turn 17 on tuesday :) :star:

im thinking no mods, im on direct line so they wont allow me anyway

i doubt i will crash it but you never know...

i got to thinking, why waste money on it and risk it all when i can save it all like £1000/£2000 on mods for it and put it all towards a 1.6 clio or a polo GTI when i turn 18?

am i being silly or should i save my money, i dont really see it as an investment even tho i hope to sell it on for good money.

ANY OPINIONS WELCOME??

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Um yeh id save the money for a quicker car, but your insurance wont be much cheaper by 18.

you may know it, clio?
maybe a few hundred or so i recon

my bro was really like 1 right off and a claim in one year and his insurance dropped £600, definatly computer error there lol

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Yes lol ,you could do afew mods to ur clio now and save till your 21 then get a 2 litre :D .

you may know it, clio?
i plan to slowly move up

1.2 until im 18/19
1.6 until im 20/21
then on a 2.0 clio, would love a black phase 1 but would be too rare :[

Personally I would be tempted to do subtle styling mods to the 1.2 things like cup spoiler etc. Then slowly move up to bigger better cars. This is what I intended to do. Started with 1.3 fiesta, got a 1.6 Clio and then was meant to get a 172, but personal circumstances meant I have had to wait to do that so got a diesel for the mean time.

If you do decide to do subtle mods tho, be carefull, modding is addictive!I'm already thinking about all the things I'd like to do to my 172/182 that I havent bought yet!

www.renparts.co.uk
thats exactly what you should do. you don't gain any value (usually lose) by modding. Just keep the car standard then as you say all the money you saved put towards an upgrade car.

53 Clio's & counting
i've got a 1.2 16V billabong in good nick

i turn 17 on tuesday :) :star:

im thinking no mods, im on direct line so they wont allow me anyway

i doubt i will crash it but you never know...

i got to thinking, why waste money on it and risk it all when i can save it all like £1000/£2000 on mods for it and put it all towards a 1.6 clio or a polo GTI when i turn 18?

am i being silly or should i save my money, i dont really see it as an investment even tho i hope to sell it on for good money.

ANY OPINIONS WELCOME??

fair play to you mate its not often i hear that,i wish i had done that,have a year leaning driving,then look to mod after that

i plan to slowly move up

1.2 until im 18/19
1.6 until im 20/21
then on a 2.0 clio, would love a black phase 1 but would be too rare :[

black ph1s are the best ;)

DSC00062.jpg

you may know it, clio?
black ph1s are the best ;)

i would love one, but their wont be one with low enough millage when it comes it...3/4 years

but then i again i would love people not to realise i have moved up from a 1.2 or 1.6 into a 2.0 beast. obviously these are the simple-minded people that cant tell the difference from clio's.

but yeh ill try stick to the plan, it'll be hard when my mates are modding but come a year :)

BMW M135i
I did pretty much what your on about, had a 1.2 at 17 with was £1800 to insure then had a 1.6 at 18 which was £980 to insure then got the 172 at 19 and payed £1700 again!

Its worth it as long as you've got the spare cash, I wouldn't want to be skinting myself for a car. Number one rule is go on your own insurance from the start and get building up those NCBs.

XE'd Corsa
do what i done lol

get a years experiance then get a 172 at 18

braveheart, i would almost certainly not be here today if i'd had the money to insure a car like that at 18. even after a year of driving i dont think u can safely drive a car like that hense the insurance i doubt most companys would poke u with a sharp stick, how much did u pay

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
What the hell im well past 18 and insurance comps and still being silly buggers, my mate jo, WHOS A GIRL has crashed her car 3 times, got 6 points and her insurance is still cheaper :dead: