ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i've had enough!

clio 172
ive had enough of this piece of s**t! just done a 60 mile trip to ikea and back down the motorway and 2 miles from my junction at 75mph it jumps out of 5th gear....

so i put it back in to 5th and then low and behold 2 minutes later...the foooker jumps out again...

Why hasnt it done it all day...then twice in 2 minutes?

ive had renaults before, but f*ck me...im finding summat else going wrong every other week!

the most irritating thing of it all is...after buying it for £3,500 + £600 cambelt service + engine mounts...... ive spent over £4k on it...

I should have saved abit longer and got the megane sport

MKIII 138
you bought a very cheap example. i know its hard m8 but this usually happens there are bargains to be had and some people dont even realise what a 172 is just think its a 2.0 clio not a 172/182hp pocket rocket but sometimes there cheap for a reason.

i know someone who just bought a PHS1 172 for £1500 and its fine !
i also saw some young barry in a MKII 172 showing off fry the clutch completley and the car died. but somewhere down the line it may end up being a cheap buy for someone who thinks they have a bargain when in reality the car has had a tortured life.

320d
you bought a very cheap example. i know its hard m8 but this usually happens there are bargains to be had and some people dont even realise what a 172 is just think its a 2.0 clio not a 172/182hp pocket rocket but sometimes there cheap for a reason.

i know someone who just bought a PHS1 172 for £1500 and its fine !
i also saw some young barry in a MKII 172 showing off fry the clutch completley and the car died. but somewhere down the line it may end up being a cheap buy for someone who thinks they have a bargain when in reality the car has had a tortured life.

+1 its all down to luck tbh, i'd be inclined to buy my 172 off a forum where you can check the cars history via the owners posts etc and usually they are serviced properly etc.

Although you can only buy sensibly if you buy a 50,000 mile car with fsh and good bodywork then you have done all you can tbh if its 2nd hand you don't know whats been done to it.

Clio 172
Remove the fifth gear cover at the end of the gearbox and check the bolt and nut which secure the fifth gear to the gearbox shafts they have a habit of working loose cusing it to jump out of fifth;)