ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacking the car up

BMW M3 - For Sale!
I'm new to this whole 'jacking the car up craze' so could someone point me in the right direction of what to buy? i want something thats fit for all purposes so maybe looking at a trolley jack?

are these expensive?

www.renparts.co.uk
2 tonne trolley jack (£21.99 at halfords iirc) really good for the money but if your car is too low it won't fit under properly.

BMW M3 - For Sale!
is that all they are!!?? i thought i would be spendin hundreds!!!

my first job is to take my decat off and put my cat back on as hopefully it will reduce how loud the car is!

will the jack fit in the back of a MK1 clio with the seats down? its not too heavy is it?

Turbos.
If your jacking points are anything like the Mk2s then i would use the little Renault jack that comes with the car. Buy axle stands instead. I have used a proper jack on a mk2 clio before and broke the jacking point with it...

Monaco Blue 172
The trolley jacks arent that big! About length 40-50cm long, will fit in back of ure car easy. And like cliobuyer says jacking points are shite, both mine are bent as Dale Winton.

www.renparts.co.uk
basically you shouldn't rely on any sort of jack to hold your car while your underneath. if you invest in a block of wood it will stop the jack damaging the car. Then when have it at the desired height place the axle stand under each side to hold the car securely. they have adjustable heights and a pair can be bought from halfords for 9.99

BMW M3 - For Sale!
oh ok so i'll buy a trolley jack and a pair of axle stands then right? suppose i better buy a manual to see where the jacking points are too