ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

James' Phase 1 Clio 172

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
inners are a pain on axle stands and with subframe on tight. i'd just get garage do it. outers are as you say, easy

and yeah mindisc matey, for that period correct early 2000's upgrade, lol!

20200415_112652.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
@Old Tarby! Even got the steering wheel stalk working to recently, although job wheel for change track doesn't want to play ball.
considering getting a Sony 6 disc changer and swapping under seat unit too so i can have the changer function but upgraded too :)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
@Old Tarby! Even got the steering wheel stalk working to recently, although job wheel for change track doesn't want to play ball.
considering getting a Sony 6 disc changer and swapping under seat unit too so i can have the changer function but upgraded too :)
Which adaptor did you use? Mines got an old school Sony in aswell. I was going to put a standard one in, but the Sony does look quite fitting with the 2000s period

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
took a bit of cramming get it all into the dash behind the stereo itself, not a lot of room for cable routing!

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
took a bit of cramming get it all into the dash behind the stereo itself, not a lot of room for cable routing!
When i used to work for Toad plc, I use to find it a lot easier to just pop the top dash off and work the wiring from behind the radio apperture.As you push the radio in through the front you can pull the wiring up from behind and feed it neatly back..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Had another delivery from RPD
IMG_20200418_134718.jpg

Not the oil, that was from ECP the other week.

Thought I'd do the spark plugs today and a bit of under bonnet cleaning.
Been a long time since I've pulled an inlet off a Clio, but it soon came back to me
IMG_20200418_151121.jpg

Old ones didn't look all that old to be fair, but it's all part of the refresh
IMG_20200418_165632.jpg

And back together
IMG_20200418_172920.jpg

IMG_20200418_174606.jpg

Put a "new" expansion bottle on aswell.

Another little bit changed...the bonnet clip thingy
IMG_20200418_134532.jpg

Tomorrow I'll change the oil along with the filter. Gearbox oil will be done once that arrives. I'll then give it a coolant change and that'll be everything under the bonnet done