ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Janspeed Exhaust Producing Flames...

I was out with some friends last night, and one of them informed me that my exhaust is producing a fair few flames out of the back, I have recently decatted it and it has no silencer, so it's basically just a backbox.

I knew it popped/spat on cold, but I didn't know it was flaming. Is this normal, or is the decat doing something it shouldn't?!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I was out with some friends last night, and one of them informed me that my exhaust is producing a fair few flames out of the back, I have recently decatted it and it has no silencer, so it's basically just a backbox.

I knew it popped/spat on cold, but I didn't know it was flaming. Is this normal, or is the decat doing something it shouldn't?!

Probably just fuel igniting in the pipe mate.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Is that normal though?

Relitively normal on decatted vehicles. The popping you get is the igniting of the fuel you can vocally hear, before you decatted it the cat would have reduced this. Now you've decatted the system it is more free flowing.

If you've noticed no adverse running issues then I wouldn't worry.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
my yoz shows signs of flame at night but its just a glow down the pipe not actual flame leaving the tip

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
If you notice any running issues then i'd think in to it a bit more, otherwise I wouldn't worry IMO

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Chav :rasp:

Mine let off a pop leaving my street today! I hope to god it didn't spit a flame as id have looked like an utter c**t haha

Pops/flames when driving in anger is totally acceptable though :approve:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Mine tends to pop when water is almost up to temp, and changing gear up to 4/5th at 40-50mph, and applying WOT.
Also if blipping a downchange after a long cruising period.
RS2 intake btw.

Mine pops/spits if it's stone cold and I take the revs up to 3-3.5k in say 3rd and let the revs wind down. It goes ape then!

Only other time is when I blip the throttle on downshifts, but only if it's quite high in the rev range.

Astra (H) VXR
Mine pops and bangs like mad when cold even at very low revs.. And still doesn't when it's warm but not as much.