ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jaume Plensa's Dream

Ian

Focus TDCi
Stopped off here on the way back from Liverpool to Manchester to avoid the rush hour, been meaning to have a look for a while.

http://www.dreamsthelens.com/

3661222816_03756eb172.png

3662714118_3a813ae836.jpg

#3 - Seems to be over-sharpened, might get deleted.
3662765554_90f4da78ae.jpg

#4 - Done in Microsoft Paint :eek:
3661793105_c42c362b38_o.jpg

It was so, so hard not to get carried away with the editing on these, I expect there will be a lot of HDR versions on Flickr soon enough. I've tried to keep it toned down, although it's an absolute nightmare trying to get them to look right on both laptop and PC screens.

Any new photos / re-uploads will be in this set.

Thanks,
Ian

Ian

Focus TDCi
Quite interested to see the HDR versions Ian.

Guess that means these aren't up to much then? :) I've not done any HDR, but I'm sure other people will. I might give it a try if I have time.

Thing is, it's a new statue built out of concrete, so it is neither pure white or dirty/weathered - it looks like it should have a lot more presence and character, but at the moment it doesn't. I really like it though.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Similar idea I think, can be seen from the M62 near junction 7. It's part of the 'big art' project that Channel 4 are supporting.

I guess these could do with some work if people aren't commenting? Are they hard to relate to, or just generally rubbish? Are people on laptops or PCs? Any comments and criticism welcomed!

Ian

Focus TDCi
how did you do the long image ian :eek:

It's three images stitched together pal. Well three images crudely placed next to each other in MS Paint lol - couldn't find any decent software to merge them for me. Luckily the joins aren't too noticeable. First time I've tried one, wasn't sure how it would work out tbh, just wanted to try something different to everyone else that was there with a camera!

B

Brown.

Similar idea I think, can be seen from the M62 near junction 7. It's part of the 'big art' project that Channel 4 are supporting.

I guess these could do with some work if people aren't commenting? Are they hard to relate to, or just generally rubbish? Are people on laptops or PCs? Any comments and criticism welcomed!

Sorry forgot to comment lol....... 2 is great for sense of size, 3 is good may be nice to see it black and white with some added grain/contrast whacked right up

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol no worries, thanks for the comments. I'll have a play with #3 and see if I can get it looking any better. :)

Guess that means these aren't up to much then? :) I've not done any HDR, but I'm sure other people will. I might give it a try if I have time.

Thing is, it's a new statue built out of concrete, so it is neither pure white or dirty/weathered - it looks like it should have a lot more presence and character, but at the moment it doesn't. I really like it though.

Nah, I was just interested how the HDR would look on the head, what with it being bright white!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Nah, I was just interested how the HDR would look on the head, what with it being bright white!

Ah right lol, yeah I know what you mean - that's why I didn't really want to edit them too much, because it wouldn't look like what's actually there. If you look on Flickr there are quite a few HDR-esque photos popping up though.