ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jazzing up the Combo van.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
When I started reading this thread I seriously thought wtf!!! But now I absolutely love it......so much so that I've just been looking at vans on piston heads. Now that really is wtf!!!!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
When I started reading this thread I seriously thought wtf!!! But now I absolutely love it......so much so that I've just been looking at vans on piston heads. Now that really is wtf!!!!
I know mate, i know....
Thanks for the comment, bit stupid i know but i like it. :smiley:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
This weekend meant more messing with the van, first of all was to clean and seal the center caps with C5.

32186622931_2a6b9e7023_h.jpg
20170114_140104 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

The cap on the left is sealed. :cool:

32267042206_d10acdc75c_h.jpg
20170114_140117 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

All done and im happy with how they have come out considering how old they are.

31495368653_462c3bf00e_h.jpg
20170114_141639_001 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

After id got the wifes car MOT'd on Saturday morning i went to get the spare tyre fitted on the wheel that i had powder coated, i ask the fitter not to bang the weights onto the rim but could he just use stick on weights. He looked at me like id gone mad but did it. 😂

31513750583_1f429f2a91_h.jpg
20170115_115438 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

Because i know the state the spare wheel gets in being stuck under the rear of the van i wax oiled the inside, along with sealing the face of the wheel.

32204863881_81b76fc7f1_h.jpg
20170115_115453 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

Caps fitted, i think they look alright. All i need to do now is buy a set of wheel botls because the old ones are looking a bit tired.

32204868971_2ba4b01289_h.jpg
20170115_120559 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

32324527105_9c26ebecf7_h.jpg
20170115_120709 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

32204861421_b4002fc8e0_h.jpg
20170115_120327 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

And a few more pictures of it, just because...

31482540394_85599864f3_h.jpg
20170115_120435 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

32324521725_ead750184b_h.jpg
20170115_120408 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

I have to be careful of kerbs.

32174717802_c5f19ab8d5_h.jpg
20170115_131038 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

My mate popped over in his Impreza, makes the van look so small.

31929456910_030f238c1a_h.jpg
20170114_155506 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

31929455800_62b71b6305_h.jpg
20170114_155451 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The front wheels look so low!

Also kind looks like you have a sunstrip, #becauseracevan!

I still like it :cool:
Thanks mate. :up:

Its something to mess about with, oh i was thinking about getting one tbh and im also going to paint the front badge/grill in black. :cool:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It looks good, IMO ride height is on the verge of looking 'broken'. Maybe if it had alloys it might be a different case, I don't know. Maybe if it was a tad higher on the rear or something.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It looks good, IMO ride height is on the verge of looking 'broken'. Maybe if it had alloys it might be a different case, I don't know. Maybe if it was a tad higher on the rear or something.
Cheers bud, in the last couple of pictures i had stuff in the back of the van so it was sitting lower than the front. In fact there is a 35 mm rake.

I know its not to everyone's taste and i might raise it up a little at the front, i need to asses the damage at the weekend to see what the front tyre's are scrubbing on. 😂

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
These got delivered today at work, ill get them fitted at the weekend along with my new front brake set up.

32391397715_917b6e2931_h.jpg
2017-01-18_08-15-50 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It's definitely to my taste, love the look. You know when you just can't quite put yer finger on something. I think maybe because the tyres and wheel is black.... Then with the surrounding arches in black, it all moulds into one look. I bet if it had white alloys or silver steels it would change the look massively. As I've known throughout my wheel whore career is that a wheel can change or make n break a look.
Its spot in, always fancied doing a van and just missed out on an Extra van lowered on alloys.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It's definitely to my taste, love the look. You know when you just can't quite put yer finger on something. I think maybe because the tyres and wheel is black.... Then with the surrounding arches in black, it all moulds into one look. I bet if it had white alloys or silver steels it would change the look massively. As I've known throughout my wheel whore career is that a wheel can change or make n break a look.
Its spot in, always fancied doing a van and just missed out on an Extra van lowered on alloys.
Maybe i need a Photoshop mate, i was in two minds to take the body moldings off or not?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Obviously my opinion but I think with the white and black of the van, the wheels above with the right stance will just make it look 'Pow'. Probably 16" so you see enough wheel but these are more common in 15"

Again, my opinion but think that a certain style of wheel will just make it look (dare I say it) sic.... Or whatever the kids are sayin nowadays.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Left white, or anthracite. The you have a different colour as a contrast to the black tyre and wheelarch trim. View attachment 175895

Have always loved those wheels :cool:

Obviously my opinion but I think with the white and black of the van, the wheels above with the right stance will just make it look 'Pow'. Probably 16" so you see enough wheel but these are more common in 15"

Again, my opinion but think that a certain style of wheel will just make it look (dare I say it) sic.... Or whatever the kids are sayin nowadays.
Chap's, now you know how I love to spend money on my car's and I'd love to buy "the right set of wheels for the van" but I think you're forgetting something.

I wasn't meant to be spending anything on the van. [emoji23]
The wheel's with new P6000 tyre's cost me between £35 and £50 each, the lowering of the rear cost me £20 and the only reason I had to buy the coilover’s for the front is that lowering springs just wouldn't have given me the "lowz" that I wanted.
Spending £360 on a pair of coilover’s hurt enough, it's money I could have put towards the billeted turbo for the Bug.

Yes I know I still have to buy better springs and lower Shocks for the rear and this is something I'll be doing soon, I'd love to have the steel wheels banded but again, it's another expens I really don't want to spend.

So for now it will have to do, I'm quite happy on how it looks considering I haven't really spent that much. [emoji2]

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Thanks mate, I'll show the wife...[emoji41]

Do you have a spare room to rent? [emoji23]

What are the 2nd set of wheels mate? I like them. [emoji106]

I know what my wife would say 😂 they were banded steels off a VW so I think they might be the T5 steels... possibly :up:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
You've just contradicted yourself in the biggest way!! It's not a project, it's life, it's an ongoing life hobby. Like people say, some people don't smoke, do drugs, get wasted going out every weekend. The money goes on something else.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You've just contradicted yourself in the biggest way!! It's not a project, it's life, it's an ongoing life hobby. Like people say, some people don't smoke, do drugs, get wasted going out every weekend. The money goes on something else.
I know I did mate, I just can't help myself. [emoji23]

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You forgot the vxr seats you were also going to get, they are (obviously) a necessity. I'm sure you're wife will understand!
I will be replacing the seats mate, the interior will be coming out when we get a bit of dry weather.

I've got a water leak, so the carpet needs to be washed and dried as it stinks.
Great time to replace the seat's, that's if I can find a pair in good condition and that won't cost the earth. [emoji2]

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I will be replacing the seats mate, the interior will be coming out when we get a bit of dry weather.

Great time to replace the seat's, that's if I can find a pair in good condition and that won't cost the earth. [emoji2]
How convenient (that's what your wife will think when you rock up with a full leather interior)! I already found you some affordable ones!!!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Haha therefore:
Steels = Winter wheel
Alloys = 9 months of the rest of the year!

Don't forget, whatever a woman says or thinks... Man logic automatically overrides

Man logic = Man flu terms

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one

The weather has been dry for a while...