ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JC5 large diff bearing.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hello folks.

Unfortunately I have to inform you that the large diff bearing has become NLA from Renault. The manufacturer of the bearing is SNR and they have discontinued the bearing also.

There’s still some available to buy and I have purchased a few, but it’s getting closer now more than ever to bye bye JC5.

Selector forks for 1st/2nd have been NLA for a while now as well.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Hello folks.

Unfortunately I have to inform you that the large diff bearing has become NLA from Renault. The manufacturer of the bearing is SNR and they have discontinued the bearing also.

There’s still some available to buy and I have purchased a few, but it’s getting closer now more than ever to bye bye JC5.

Selector forks for 1st/2nd have been NLA for a while now as well.
What's the part number? I might try and get a hold of one just in case I ever need a rebuild.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I’d also buy one either from you Mark or through SNR.
I’ll only supply if I’m doing the rebuild mate.
Both if you could, will see if I can get either. That way if I need a rebuild in a few years I can at least supply you with the NLA bearing.
ec12218ub is the SNR part number and the Renault number is 7703090362

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Will a company make a custom bearing to the same spec? Might well become the only answer.

It could put you as the only person who could rebuild this box though. 💰💰💰💰

Clio 172 RS phase 2
Any chance of ordering one for shipping to Australia?

From anyone / supplier and might need a friendly UK member to transfer ship it (renaultparts.co.uk don’t ship to Aus for example and others charge, well, quite a bit).

Bang in the middle of fitting a LSD to my JC5 and would like a new bearing if possible.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
There are a couple on eBay UK at a ridiculous price. If you find one in the UK and need it forwarding to Aus I’d be happy to do so, done it before for another Aussie member.

Clio 172 RS phase 2
There are a couple on eBay UK at a ridiculous price. If you find one in the UK and need it forwarding to Aus I’d be happy to do so, done it before for another Aussie member.
These ones?

Clio 172 RS phase 2

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
These ones?
Yeah, I'm after one also, but screw paying £185 for one, could nearly gamble on a used gearbox for that over here.

Clio 172 RS phase 2
Yeah, I'm after one also, but screw paying £185 for one, could nearly gamble on a used gearbox for that over here.
Used boxes here usually come with a whole car attached 😁. I’ve got 3 of them already and all need a working box.

Even on their own folks want AUD$1500+ for a box with 200,000kms on it

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Used boxes here usually come with a whole car attached 😁. I’ve got 3 of them already and all need a working box.

Even on their own folks want AUD$1500+ for a box with 200,000kms on it
Yeah can understand over there, if you do need to forward an eBay UK one, drop me a PM, I'd be happy to help.

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
I may be able to have these bearings manufactured by another well known bearing brand.

Always good to know the right people eh!

I have a totally track focused [ex clio cup race car] RB 182 and am now becoming increasingly nervous about parts availability - especially as there seems to be fewer and fewer remaining options. Was thinking of having my gearbox refurbished as a precaution [not that it needs it] and an LSD fitted next spring but if forks, synchro's, bearings and odd parts such as servos etc are NLA or at hens teeth costs is it a risk?? In the past few years when I messed with VAG golfs etc I had spare stuff set aside at reasonable cost that you can still get bits for and refurbishers a plenty - am I worrying over nothing or becoming a wuss over nothing :unsure:

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I've managed to source a few old stock SNR EC12218 bearings, will keep one for myself, if you're interested in one let me know. Cheaper than that eBay listing above. Will stick a for sale post up soon-ish.

Reactions: Gus
  Clio 172 RS phase 2
I've managed to source a few old stock SNR EC12218 bearings, will keep one for myself, if you're interested in one let me know. Cheaper than that eBay listing above. Will stick a for sale post up soon-ish.
If that’s the large bearing I’ll take one off your hands 👍😁

Clio 172 cup
Good news. I’ve sourced replacement large diff bearings. Downside is they’re £170, but should be able to get them cheaper if bought in bulk. 👍🏻
Are those for new production ones or old stock? Also throwing this out there as I'm in the same boat but I've had a quote of a Chinese supplier for 5 bearings shipped to the UK. it'd be 487 USD but quick math and that actually works out at 76(ish) quid a bearing. Only downside is its an unknown so might be a terrible idea but interested to know your guys thoughts?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Are those for new production ones or old stock? Also throwing this out there as I'm in the same boat but I've had a quote of a Chinese supplier for 5 bearings shipped to the UK. it'd be 487 USD but quick math and that actually works out at 76(ish) quid a bearing. Only downside is its an unknown so might be a terrible idea but interested to know your guys thoughts?
They’re new production bearings mate. Hmm not sure until you’ve seen the Chinese bearings and then ran them to see what the quality is like.

Clio 172 cup
In that case sign me up to the reproduction stuff if you're able to get them! The guy rebuilding my gearbox has another too that he's sorting for someone so no doubt he'd be after a few too for future customers

I promise it was more desperation than reasonable sense