ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM civic or hybrid....

Clio 182
Had the clio nigh on 4 years now and fancy a bit of a change, ive always liked the older shaped civics (I would love an ek9 type R but cant justify 7-8k on a weekend car that is slower than the hybrid)

Which is the quickest model they did in the older shapes? EF + EG?
And how are they in the way of tuneability, handling etc

Ta

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
thought about the ek vti? fairly nippy and cheap as chips nowadays.

you could lob a teggy b18 in for kicks if you got bored too.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
eg and ek vti's all around 160 brake cause basically same motor,basically they make s**t hot engines fact, so cant go wrong,and there so realible!yer maybe your hybrid will be faster,but if u put the same amount into a civic b16 motor it will not disapoint,lots a goodies available.:evil:

Mustang, S13, AX GT
personally, no question I love the EK9 CTR, or the Jordan which strangely seems cheaper most of the time...

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I've been considering this Dan but tbh the only thing that would be worth swapping for would be a k20/b20 eg / ek civic imo which are like hen's teeth.....

A silver Honda
The DC2 is based on the EG chassis iirc.

Your Clio will be quicker than any B16/B18 engined civic unless it's got a blower or ITBs.

Clio 182
I've been considering this Dan but tbh the only thing that would be worth swapping for would be a k20/b20 eg / ek civic imo which are like hen's teeth.....

Yup, basically what the people on a civic forum said, best combo would be an EF with a teg engine, would be farking awesome! But like you say, rare as f**k...might just tb the hybrid :evil:

Love the look of this tho:

101_0031.gif

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Jap Crap Jap Crap.....Stick with your car on TB's!!

I mate used to have an EK9 civic, and although he said it handled better than his vts, he said it wasnt as quick in a straight line. So stick with you Hybrid get bodies and coilovers and tra tra civ type r....

Clio 182
Jap Crap Jap Crap.....Stick with your car on TB's!!

I mate used to have an EK9 civic, and although he said it handled better than his vts, he said it wasnt as quick in a straight line. So stick with you Hybrid get bodies and coilovers and tra tra civ type r....

It will already batter a type R, lol. And it already has coilovers, pretty much the only thing it would need doing now is tb's! Just dunno whether I wanna chuck more money at it!

Marting you bastid! lol, thats gotta be a modded teg engine tho, they're only 200bhp...and a z06 is 500bhp and around 1200kgs iirc

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
wish i had enough knowledge on the civics to be able to say...but purely on the looks alone you have to stay with the hybrid.....civis are common as sh*t chav wagons around here...dunno about your way...nice to have something different

DUB mk2 golf gti!
umm are u sure!i dnt see s**t chavey civics round at all!for starteers u ever tryed to insure 1!lol a 1.3 bali is insurance group 11 or sumting stupid like that!in my eyes if u buy a civic your being different!even better if u JDM' it up!:evil: rice rocket anyday over a valver!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
they'd have to be a rich chav my insurance wont touch me on any of the jdm's,i'd love a dc2 but its finding one

Clio 182
wish i had enough knowledge on the civics to be able to say...but purely on the looks alone you have to stay with the hybrid.....civis are common as sh*t chav wagons around here...dunno about your way...nice to have something different

The new type R's are common as muck, but the old EF ones are rare as rocking horse shite! Doesnt look like it'll be worth the hassle, might aswell tb the hybrid :evil: