ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B18C Fast Road Civic

Megane R26
Got myself a new car to replace the 172 cup as a weekend toy, an Ek4 civic with Integra type r b18c engine fitted by r-motion with LSD gearbox.
Drove a JDM dc2 and two ek9s but was a bit let down. The this popped up, agile chassis with the 'right' engine. :rasp:

y8a8a9yj.jpg

mygymyny.jpg

ege3e4uj.jpg

unuzanaz.jpg

8eme4upa.jpg

babydura.jpg

u4etu4eg.jpg

a4ade2ag.jpg

There were only 200 Vti-S produced, making them rarer than ek9s..
Easily spotted by the colour, a flakey metallic black, starlight black and the addition middle spoiler.

First impressions pretty good, loud and light :)
My concern was lack of torque but really, it's not bad. Have a print out for 198 bhp and 142 lb-ft torque so it moves along well in lower revs and is surprisingly economical (when not In vtec).

Suspension is ace, engine screaming on vtec.
No rusty arches or the usual crunch gearbox.

Rest of spec here-

cusco 6 point welded roll cage
Dc 2 recaro bucket seats
3 point luke harnesses
Skunk2 Front and rear camber and caster adjusters
Buddy club racing coilovers, Fully adjustable
Rear lower skunk 2 arms
Solid Engine mounts
Spoon sports baffled sump
Toda power manifold
Full spoon N1 exhaust system, decat
16 inch alloys with soft yoko semi slicks
Goodridge Braided brake lines
Oil temp and pressure gauges
Lightened flywheel
Vtec controller
Accord type r front brake set up
Remapped dc2 ecu, vtec engage 5500 rpm, 8750 rev limit
198bhp, 142 lb-ft torque
Stage 2 race clutch and flywheel

Probably missed off a few other bits :)
Opinions welcome

Rear spoiler now raised, stickers removed, front number plate fitted, apexi rsm wired in and running.

Everytime I drive it.. wow, it handles superbly, the Buddy club racing coilovers are brilliant, the diff literally pulling you out of corners.

Tilt rear spoiler.
I am looking to remove the mid spolier that was exclusive on the 200 vtis made, I feel it's a bit overkill and I am going for a more minimal look. Habe orders blanking bungs for the three holes left either side
3eru2e7u.jpg

a4azyme8.jpg

yte8ary7.jpg

dady8e4u.jpg

Spoon sports badge to replace the vtis badge
20140814_180356.jpg

Haven't driven it quiet as much as I'd like to, the noise is a bit much so I'm looking at adding more interior/decent sound proofing.

The exhaust has a painful droning frequency around 3-5k rpm, making it impossible not to end up with a headache after less than 30mins driving! Maybe I'm just getting old..

Engine has hardly used any oil and runs like a dream, vtec kick is really snappy and pulls very well for a 1800! Absolutely screams at 8600rpm and pops and bangs plenty too.

Got some Spoon Sports stickers on the way for front wings, triangular type.
Also ordered some white 'DOHC VTEC' replacement stickers to go on lower rear part of car.
No particular order of pics, just random snapsies.
Next to Mercy, she needs a good clean:(
55940be4e4b60a726473173154b2c596.jpg

a71c7193611facc23c060d5711e4881f.jpg

0838b1acc385cfecaf26768085539427.jpg

bdffad881493af369049bd2201519a09.jpg