ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jenvey ITB help please

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Hi, i recently purchased some Jenvey throttle bodies for my 172 cup but i'm not sure if have everything i need. I have everything shown in these pictures and i have already ordered a ph1 throttle pedal. I also know that i need a filter backing plate and a ecu, i was thinking about the ktec gen90 as i like the idea of using the original wiring loom, would the kit i have work with this? Last of all what other parts do i need to get it ready to be fitted on my car if any? and where would be best to get them?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cup In bits
The parts you have said above plus a fan to suit your small rad, you will need a deep backing plate to suit them 120mm trumpets and that filter. Omex 600 ecu as you have the wiring loom there to suit it. I wouldn't bother with a gen90 as you will need to adapt the standard loom to tie into all the omex sensors.

I would check that all the sensors you have match up to the loom and just run the 600 standalone and you can pare down the standard loom depending on what your plans are for after your finished.

EDIT: speak to omex and the will give you the correct cable and ends to suit if you explain to them what your plans are and what car. I got mine for free from them.

P1000487.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Gen90, TPS adaptor plug (from ktec or myself), throttle pedal adaptor bracket - I make them to suit each job (ph1 shell has different mounting points)

That will leave you with omex loom, temp sensors, crank sensor, and lambda sensor as the GEN90 uses everything else standard

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Cheers for replies guys.

I would if possible prefer to use standard loom as if i'm honest i wouldn't really know where to start with splicing/adapting wires etc and quite likethe thought of been able to remove easily if needed. How much do you charge for the TPS adaptor plug and a throttle adaptor bracket please dan? Also if i bought a gen90 am i right in thinking i'm going to need a base map to enable me to drive it somewhere for mapping?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Email me and I'll get a price for what you need. I'll have to find out as it's usually part of a kit

Base map, and setup to get it running is easy to help with. Whoever you buy from will be on the end of the phone to help you

Definitely go gen90. The omex is a pain when you have a dashboard lit up like a christmas tree if you want to keep the car for road use.

Those 120mm trumpets will require a different filter and a deep backing plate. You'll also need to lose the entire slam panel (which you will with 90's too) and you'll need to trim all the skin out of the bonnet to get it to shut.

I've had to do all this to my track car as I'm looking to buy 120mm trumpets for mine but if it's just a road/track car that you want some fun in and you aren't wanting to get the last .5bhp out of it - i'd probably fit 90mm trumpets as then you don't have to cut all the inner skin out the bonnet (it's a right pain)

K-Tec will send you a gen90 map no problem as they still sell the jenvey kits for our cars.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Definitely go gen90. The omex is a pain when you have a dashboard lit up like a christmas tree if you want to keep the car for road use.

Those 120mm trumpets will require a different filter and a deep backing plate. You'll also need to lose the entire slam panel (which you will with 90's too) and you'll need to trim all the skin out of the bonnet to get it to shut.

I've had to do all this to my track car as I'm looking to buy 120mm trumpets for mine but if it's just a road/track car that you want some fun in and you aren't wanting to get the last .5bhp out of it - i'd probably fit 90mm trumpets as then you don't have to cut all the inner skin out the bonnet (it's a right pain)

K-Tec will send you a gen90 map no problem as they still sell the jenvey kits for our cars.

Cheers for reply.

Yeah pretty sure i'm going to go with the gen90 been speaking to dan about getting one. How is it say you have a non start fault or sensor fault ect, can it be plugged into a normal diagnostics reader?

No problems with removing the slam panel or cutting the bonnet bracing already planned to do that, i forgot to mention in my original post i have already ordered a set of areo catches. I also recieved a set of 90mm trumpets with the kit so got them if needed, but i would rather fit 120s if i can i assume they make more noise and power :D

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
if it was me i would go for something much cheaper like a haltech sprint 500 and wire it in my self but no one sames to use them on clios cracking ecu tho

no ignition drivers in the Haltech so you need to piss around with loads more bits. massive pain in the arse for dealer support too (ie there isn't any in the UK)

no ignition drivers in the Haltech so you need to piss around with loads more bits. massive pain in the arse for dealer support too (ie there isn't any in the UK)
Ate turbos are I think man but yeah forgot about that, I'm used to doing jap cars with external drivers or smart coils could all ways just wack some Ctr or 2zzge coils on but yeah it's going to add to the cost and is a pain in the ass , hard to beat a plug in ecu as u say mate

Cheers for reply.

Yeah pretty sure i'm going to go with the gen90 been speaking to dan about getting one. How is it say you have a non start fault or sensor fault ect, can it be plugged into a normal diagnostics reader?

No problems with removing the slam panel or cutting the bonnet bracing already planned to do that, i forgot to mention in my original post i have already ordered a set of areo catches. I also recieved a set of 90mm trumpets with the kit so got them if needed, but i would rather fit 120s if i can i assume they make more noise and power :D

Do you know I'm honestly not sure about the error logging - I'm sure it can put fault lights on so it might still report through ODBII some basic error codes.

LOL They don't really affect noise or power but I believe the 120mm's offer torque a bit lower down than 90mm's. My 90mm's are really rough (scratched, dented etc..) so I'm going up to 120's but cutting the bonnet skin was a right pain lol

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Do you run Jenveys with a gen90 or do you have a omex wired in? Also did you use a standard ph1 throttle or a jenvey one?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
There's no OBD on the GEN90 (or any other aftermarket system to my knowledge). You can use the Gentuner lite software for basic sensor checking though.

Trumpets.....just use longest you can fit under the bonnet.
Phil, not sure why you're needing to cut anything to fit 120s? Should be enough to get them in with a filter. Only thing I had to trim off was one of the studs for the catch

There's no OBD on the GEN90 (or any other aftermarket system to my knowledge). You can use the Gentuner lite software for basic sensor checking though.

Trumpets.....just use longest you can fit under the bonnet.
Phil, not sure why you're needing to cut anything to fit 120s? Should be enough to get them in with a filter. Only thing I had to trim off was one of the studs for the catch

It does just fit without chopping - but the "bulge" at the front of the bonnet where the catch used to be presses down on the filter - visibly squashing it by about 5mm.
I didn't like the idea of half of the filter being pressed tight up against the bonnet - surely not good for air flow - so I chopped the reinforcing off the bonnet to make room :)

Do you run Jenveys with a gen90 or do you have a omex wired in? Also did you use a standard ph1 throttle or a jenvey one?

Omex 600 mate - and I used the standard ph1 throttle, all you have to do is cut the nipple off of the end and put a screw on one in.
As Dan says though you need an adaptor plate to fit the ph1 throttle pedal to the ph2. I used a K-Tec one
I liked the ph1 throttle pedal as it's metal the same as the rest - the one that came with my kit was just a cheap plastic one and looked awful

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
It does just fit without chopping - but the "bulge" at the front of the bonnet where the catch used to be presses down on the filter - visibly squashing it by about 5mm.
I didn't like the idea of half of the filter being pressed tight up against the bonnet - surely not good for air flow - so I chopped the reinforcing off the bonnet to make room :)

Omex 600 mate - and I used the standard ph1 throttle, all you have to do is cut the nipple off of the end and put a screw on one in.
As Dan says though you need an adaptor plate to fit the ph1 throttle pedal to the ph2. I used a K-Tec one
I liked the ph1 throttle pedal as it's metal the same as the rest - the one that came with my kit was just a cheap plastic one and looked awful

you can see mine touched very slightly too actually, It never fussed me as it never damaged anything bar a slight compression of foam, and I made 209bhp with the bonnet shut

526729_354365937950567_472441456_n.jpg

I used the 1.2 pedal as it was massively cheaper then the sport one. only difference is a riveted on piece of aluminium

I was lucky enough to have a mate splitting a ph1 172 who gave me the pedal for free lol. Hate to think how much they are from renault

I guess it aint restrictive to power then lol. Oh well mines done now. I'm thinking of replacing my bonnet and boot for fiberglass ones though so handy knowing I don't have to chop them up too

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I dont know much about the gen90

Does it have the same features of the omex like traction control, full throttle gearshifts and launch?

Can anyone map it or is it lock to supplier?

Lionel Richie
a few people other than k-tec dealers have mapped them, i think they're supposed to be locked, but it seems not very well!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Hi again guys, was gonna start a new thread but might aswell just post it here.

I have 2 quick questions I could do with answering :)

1) Im going to try fit my small rad this weekend and was just wondering and kinda hoping that all the standard pipes etc will fit and connect straight to the new smaller polo rad or will I need different pipes?

2) Don't suppose anyone could give me a list of all the bolts and sizes and how many of each I will need for a Jenvey itb install? I have a few I got with the kit but would rather just buy all new to make sure I have everything.

Cheers in advance
Rob

Pipes fit straight on - the big bottom hose is a bit of a pain as it's straight out on one rad and at an angle on the other (forget which way round) but with a bit of pushing the hose goes on :)

Can't remember off the top of my head with the bolts but might be able to look it up
I bought new ones for manifold to head and trumpets to bodies, didn't replace the bodies to manifold ones though as they looked fine

Clio.
I'm doing a guide on fitting one. But I'll post a couple of pics up on here in a moment.
as said the bottom hose connects fine.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
a few people other than k-tec dealers have mapped them, i think they're supposed to be locked, but it seems not very well!

Who can map a gen 90 other than ktec.. Looking at getting mine done soon :)

Oh yeah - I fitted jubilee clips all round because those bloody "squeeze to undo" things are always impossible to get off - they always seem to be rotated to a point where you'd have to remove the subframe to get something on them to clamp them open lol

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Cheers guys will get some jubilee clips.

Bolts wise, when fitting the jenveys do you just use the original plenum bolts to attach the itb mani to the head? Or will I need new bolts for that also?

Carbonraider - not sure where you are based but I know rstuning in Leeds can map gen90, that's where im taking mine.

Cup In bits
You need allen head bolts on the top or the bottom can't remeber which but better to get for them all. If you try to use standard you will need a fair few washers as there too long.

Then you might need for coil pack mount, rad etc but I don't know what you do and don't have.

Yeah I used allan head bolts - got high tensile too which was probably overkill but they were black and looked like nice
Use some anti-rattle washers too to stop them vibrating loose :)

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Hi again,

Regarding the bolts for mani to head, im gonna order some m8 capheads but does anyone know what length to go for? Would rather have correct size than having to pile up a load of washers or find I've got the put it all back together due to wrong bolts. will also be getting some anti vibration washers as recommended.

Cheers