ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jinxed &**&%%%**???

clio 182 with cup
Hi bought a 182 in silver 6th Jan. Done approx.54,000 LOVE IT!!
BUUUUUT I think its jinxed - been done for speeding, gearbox replaced under warranty, ABS lights fixed under warranty - slightly dinted bonnet pushing it down - windy day at work blew metal gate open and scratched (lightly) front bumper.
Right was thinking of buying one with 20,000 to 30,000 miles on it !!
What should I do stick with this one for a bit or swap ???:(

No point swapping because you've been unlucky. If it seems to be running fine now don't worry about it. Should last a while yet.

Titanium 182
Check it thoroughly and get everything you can possibly see that's wrong replaced under warranty, and drive slower through cameras + be more carefull.

;)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, getting caught speeding and denting the bonnet by pushing too hard isn't really going to be car specific I'm afraid!

Swapping is all well and good, but I wouldn't say it's worth paying out for a lower mileage example. 50k's just broken in.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
FLOL go with your gut feeling if it really does concern you. But I wouldn't think it was worth selling so soon based on your reasons.

Never push a clio's bonnet down, always drop it shut, they're not solid enough to withstand the pushing! The gates really should have locked into position. 'Box and ABS are bit of bad luck but at least warranty sorted them. Caught speeding is you being silly lol

I bought my car on a saturday, got caught speeding on the thrusday, I was uber depressed but luckily I got a driving course instead of points.

clio 182 with cup
Going looking at one in black at Warrington tomos with 38,000 on clock . Offered what I paid for mine without seeing it.
Jeez think I just fancy a drive LOL:rasp::rasp:

I'd personally ride it out for abit and see what happens especially if you're enjoying the car.

You do get jinxed cars though, I had one a few years ago and within two months it got crashed in to twice, had a brick/large stone fly up off the motorway and smash my wing mirror off, loads of little niggly problems with it, I ended up chopping it in for the 1st 172 Cup I owned about 3 years ago.

320d
Why sell a car with a brand new box for a start. The next one you get may not have warranty then its box could go and you wont be happy.

I'd just get the scratch and dent sorted, slow down and you'll be onto a winner.

clio 182 with cup
Hi thanks a lot for your answers I'm going to stick with this one as it's driving really well. Cheers