ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS airbox doesn't fit?

Inferno 182 CUP
Does this look correct to you?

It's a bit tight. In fact it's rammed in!

Is it also meant to be so loud lol? - I had a cone filter and this sounds deeper and louder?!

a2yjeneg.jpg

by9u6agy.jpg

uneqa5e2.jpg

agaha6yz.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yes it's meant to be that loud, no your inlet pipe isn't meant to be that bent,
your battery looks like it's too big and is stopping it from sitting properly.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Spot on, if you look at the right hand side of your grill
you'll see there's a little inlet hole that feeds air directly into the airbox hole.

Clio Trophy
does look a bit tight, might need to look at getting a smaller battery, so you can fit it better, can you not rotate around at all, so that the intake is not sat at the top?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That's how he had it in the first pic and it was all f*cked up,
the way it is now will work fine because it'll get lots of air from the grill.

Inferno 182 CUP
It's better now than it was this morning from the piece of s**t that was on when I bought it!!

No surprise it pills better either!

vymybuqu.jpg

a2ahe3u7.jpg

ryve4u5u.jpg

Inferno 182 CUP
This may have been so loud as the hose wasn't on tight and it fell off will test it soon lol - but yes it's so much better than the monstrosity before it

Cliosport 172 cu
Mines standard ph1 airbox but I twisted mine round as far as it goes but I'm thinking of putting smaller battery and cutting bit of metal work out so it can sit just right.

Cliosport 172 cu
I don't think mine is loud thou that's why if took my ph2 one out.
There again it's got standard filter in.

Ph2 airbox as in standard 182? - that's boring lol .. The JMS is a V6 airbox right?

Thought you wanted to be more discreet? and yes as in standard box.

JMS box is an espace V6 box with a sticker on it.
Ph1 172 air box is the same, except it has two smaller air feeds into it rather than one larger hole that the JMS/v6 box has IIRC.

Cliosport 172 cu
Yeah I manged to connect one feed up bottom one top end can't but it ain't that loud but gonna stick k&n in

Your battery is to big hence not fitting right.

Perfect time for a battery to boot relocation and a straight inlet pipe better CAF, will see very small gains too :)