ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JOB IN PHONE INDUSTRY HELP!

182....WEAPON!
hey guys, my younger brother has recently applied for a team leader job in a phone shop but has no pat experience in the field. i thought id help him out a little and see if anyone on here had any advice for the interview or good websites for research etc?

cheers k

Mk5 golf gti
lie lie and lie lol
thats interview out the way
customer service and a calm head will be the key to this role

182FF with cup packs
lol "phone industry".

I thought this was going to be ablout trying to get into the engineering side of it.

"Shop Assistant" you mean? ;)

182....WEAPON!
its an independent shop, supplies all networks.

well its not a shop assistant as its a team leader role.

any help or advice for the interview and where to find information on current and new phones/networks would be helpful.

cheers

Goliath I
Sell, Sell, Sell

Thats all they want you to do... targets, products, add-ons, contracts etc...

If he can prove he could sell anything to anyone he's in

They may ask him to try and sell them something stupid like a pencil, just to prove it

182....WEAPON!
not a lot, he doesnt have access to the internet, he lives away at uni its just a part time job for him. i said id help out but im clueless myself ha!

i take it they will want a good knowledge of current handsets and that kind of thing?

Goliath I
not a lot, he doesnt have access to the internet, he lives away at uni its just a part time job for him. i said id help out but im clueless myself ha!

i take it they will want a good knowledge of current handsets and that kind of thing?

Probably not, they just want you to sell them

Knowledge of the business, current performance and maybe the companies strategy as well.

Knowledge of handsets and packages and competition to.

He needs to show he can lead, not just sell, and tell them what he can bring to the store-teamwork, motivational skills etc.

Be confident but not c**ky though. Surefooted I suppose
Could go on forever really. Remember he's going for a team leader job not a sales job, so make sure he sticks to the "brief".

182....WEAPON!
thanks very much guys, gona print this thread out for him. think hsi interview is next week. any decent phone websites around or is it better to just use the actual manufacturer website?

well its not a shop assistant as its a team leader role.

Tim: Team Leader don't mean anything mate.
Gareth: Excuse me, it means I'm leader of a team.
Tim: No it doesn't. It's a title someone's given you to get you to do something they don't want to do for free - it's like making the div kid at school milk monitor. No one respects it.
Gareth: I think they do.
Tim: No they don't Gareth.
Gareth: Erm yes they do, cos if people were rude to me then I used to give them their milk last... so it was warm.

TBH.