ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's SilverBlue dci65 Expression

2004 renault clio dci65
I bought my 1.5 dci65 expression last summer as i got it as a bargain. However, i was still sixteen at the time, and was just eager to get behind the wheel. When i turned 17 in January i wasted no time in learning and passed 6 weeks later.

This is the Car as it stood when i passed (standard with colour coded side trims).

photo2.jpg
photo1.jpg

Then I became a member on here and soon gained some inspiration to change the aesthetics of my car, and make it my own.

I didn't have vast funds and knew a set of alloys would drastically improve the look of my clio, so reading through a few threads I knew I wanted to get some 182 Cup alloys, so had a hunt on the net and got these for £170 off ebay, a bargain I think.

photo3.jpg

These were curbed worse than i first anticipated and needed 2 new tryes so I set about refurbing them (but kept the anthracite colour as I think it looks great with the silver of my car)..

photo4.jpg

2 new tyres on and this was how it stood..

photo5.jpg
photo.jpg

I then set about getting a rear spoiler for my car, and grabbed a bargain on ebay, £10.50! I just had to respray it, so I did. I also cut down the standard Ariel to a shorter one at the same time..

photo6.jpg
photo7.jpg

I then had a mad week where i got loads done at once!
I was getting fed up with the black plastic front and back bumper trims, so i started colour coding, (I also did the door handles).
I sanded down all bumper trims to smooth working through the grades of paper, and then plastic primed and wet flatted to a smooth finish, then sprayed.

In the same process i decided to smooth and spray my wing mirror covers and bullets anthracite to match the wheels.

I also gained inspiration to change the colour of my badges after seeing some nice ones on here and decided on blue, and proceeding to colour my brake callipers the same.

And i hunted down a RS front grill to transform the front end massively!

photo-louis1.jpg
photo-louis2.jpg
photo-louis6.jpg
photo-louis5.jpg
photo-louis4.jpg
photo-louis3.jpg
photo-louis7.jpg

I even sprayed the rear tow eye blue and some interior bits.

photo-louis8.jpg
photo8.jpg
photo9.jpg

And the interior trim to match the rest of the dash,

photo10.jpg

So this how my car stands today!

photo-louis5.jpg

Thanks for reading, please give suggestions, but be nice!

Looks mint :)

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the paint to colourcode from?

Fogs and Lower, then it will be awesome!

Very smart :)

Glad to see a young lad doing some clean and subtle mods. Get a pair of fog logs and I think your done bud :)

2004 renault clio dci65
Thanks everyone, I'm pleased with it.

Yeah I was going for subtle just to smarten the look of the car and make it personal.

Fogs is my next step deffinately!
And I might lower it dependent on costs and insurance.

My dad is an autobody and trim repairer so painting is his job, so he mixed the colour up for me. :)

2004 renault clio dci65
My silvervisions arrived today :)..

Before:
photo (1).JPGphoto (2).JPG
photo (3).JPGphoto (4).JPG

After:[/U
photo (5).JPGphoto (6).JPG
photo (7).JPGphoto (8).JPG

Subtle but makes it look better i think :)

2004 renault clio dci65
UPDATE

Last week i popped down to chertsney to pick up a ph1 half leather seats from Budgie off of here. I decided on the ph1 seats as mostly my interior is blue and therefore i think it matches better! I started out by stripping the rear of my car so it would all fit in!

photo (9).JPG

packed it all in, then when i got back I fitted it..

photo (10).JPG
photo (11).JPG
photo (12).JPG
photo (13).JPG

All I need to do now is swap the material from the door cards over..