ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jon.G's Capsicum Red Ph3

So it's been a while since I've updated this and said what's been going on with the car.

Since I last putting my wheels on, I'd been to see Charlie at Pro-speed and had a sport's cat back system fitted. However It was lubriciously loud, and im not chav, so not wanted to travel back to cardiff I got topgear to fit me a resonator and its perfect now.

I went to oulton park as well, had a bit of a run in with an barrier, which require me getting a new ph3 bumper. So picked one up and got it sprayed for a fair price. Also had the old colour coded mouldings where seriously chipped and cracking all over the place, so I bought some new ones. Also had a new plate made up, so there is no overhang on the front bumper either. Still need to pick up a drivers side fog light and put on my new RS grille as I broke that as well.

Lowered it some more on the front, so it now sits -30mm before the end of the adjustment on the front. 5mm spacers added all round as well for a bit more stance.

Using 2bm, born to be mild, dodo juice red mist to clean the already well protected paintwork from my fk1000p efforts.

Pictures:

SDC17421.jpg

SDC17425.jpg

SDC17431.jpg

SDC17434.jpg

SDC17435.jpg

SDC17438.jpg

SDC17440.jpg

SDC17443.jpg

SDC17445.jpg

SDC17448.jpg

Think im not going to colour code the rest of it. Its not worth the hassle imo.
I don't really have any other plans for it anymore. So I guess it'll stand as it is until I find something else I would like.

I think unless I've forgotten someone, which I don't think I have, that you're my fave non-sport. Which I'm sure you'll agree, is a very prestigious award.

Top banana.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Woah thats changed massively. I would leave the mouldings black.

Looking the f00king dogs b****cks mate.

Well done. Best one I've seen in a while! How I havent seen this on the road yet I will never know?

I think unless I've forgotten someone, which I don't think I have, that you're my fave non-sport. Which I'm sure you'll agree, is a very prestigious award.

Top banana.

Didn't expect that, so thanks very much!

Very nice mate :) can't wait to copy you and get me some White wheels to go with my lil trophy ;)

I'm actually starting to hate them a bit, They are a b**ch to keep looking nice. I think I can safely say, I've reassured myself it is capsicum by checking the colour code. Haha

Woah thats changed massively. I would leave the mouldings black.

Looking the f00king dogs b****cks mate.

Well done. Best one I've seen in a while! How I havent seen this on the road yet I will never know?

Cheers, still not seen you either. TBH, I dont get out in it that much. Only use is 4days a week, thats to and from uni 2 days and to and from work 2 days a week.

Lmao good good... I'll invest in a pressure washer when I get them

Even that doesn't crack it. I've got 2 maybe 3 coats of FK1000p High Temperature wheel sealant on mine, and after snow foaming and then blasting them with the pressure washer they were still filthy. I've got a wheel mitt, and numerous wheel brushes to get them properly clean. I'd invest in something like that over a pressure washer if you're only thinking of getting one for cleaning wheels.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Really nice. So many look overdone, looks just right at the moment.

(Ps, it's armco. Not arm-coat;))

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy a dark grey touch up pen and paint the bottom of your drivers side front wing. Its really annoying me.

(love the car btw!)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Even that doesn't crack it. I've got 2 maybe 3 coats of FK1000p High Temperature wheel sealant on mine, and after snow foaming and then blasting them with the pressure washer they were still filthy. I've got a wheel mitt, and numerous wheel brushes to get them properly clean. I'd invest in something like that over a pressure washer if you're only thinking of getting one for cleaning wheels.

Thanks for the heads up, you can't use wheel cleaning solution ( no idea of product names) on coloured wheels can you? I'm after a pressure washer for general cleaning too because I'm lazy ha

Thanks for the heads up, you can't use wheel cleaning solution ( no idea of product names) on coloured wheels can you? I'm after a pressure washer for general cleaning too because I'm lazy ha

If you mean any kind of wheel cleaner, yeah you can. You best of using one that's no or only slightly acidic. With 2/3 layers of a good sealant you'll be able to use just soapy water to get brake dust off.

Well up there with the tidiest "non sports" on the forum...love the wheel and stance on this, and can't believe the difference it makes with the front reg off for pics!!

a low one
i personally really like it without the fogs for some reason!

looks spotless though, the white turbines really suit it too

Fancy driving by some bushes so you can bring her back and I can have another day detailing her?

Epic colour.

You know I don't like the white wheels, but love it all the same Jon. Subtle and a delightful colour.

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Really nice mate, have you thought of some red anodised wheel nuts? i think they will suit your car.

Adz

Work van
looks lovely wouldnt change a thing on it :approve: anodised wheel nuts wouldnt look right and £££ waste of money IMO

Yes, they are 195/50/15 toyo t1r's however. They do sit a bit far over the lip rim as they are 6.5J wheels. But they will fit no problems.

I'm thinking of getting a cup spoiler for this as well. What are peoples thought? Yes or a Waste of cash?

Im picking up another fog this week, and need an MOT doing, so ill stick them in for that whilst im taking the xenons out. then when I put the xenons back on ill take them out and have a think.

They can sell on for a decent price, and I think that when im done with it a trophy owner can buy it and wont need respraying.

I rate £200 for a used one + respraying is the going rate. West's is doing a GB on them for £255 painted and posted brand new which I might be interested in. Just trying to think if it will work with the non-sport rear bumper with black insert.

Fancy driving by some bushes so you can bring her back and I can have another day detailing her?

Epic colour.

You know I don't like the white wheels, but love it all the same Jon. Subtle and a delightful colour.

Just seen this, I'd be more than happy to let you work your magic on it again this year. I have worked a few swirl's into it :dapprove: