ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jon's E46 Topaz Blue 330Ci

With the help of Rhys and Pete, I got my HSDs fitted last weekend. Had chance to clean it yesterday. First impressions from the coilovers are fantastic, I would even say they ride better than the standard dampers. Obviously, though, they are harsher over speed pumps etc in the road. Super easy to fit, a touch harder to tweak the height settings, but all in all, great.

Just need to get the alignment done as I know a few things are off. After thats done, I need to play around with the spacers and make some small height adjustments to suite the camber.

9437020702_8fe244700c_z.jpg

9434240945_c1f93a3b74_z.jpg

9437016488_524b5abdbd_z.jpg

9434237735_42677064b8_z.jpg

9434235449_270790d27d_z.jpg

Cheers guys!

Looks perfect, have you got LED rears?

Nope, I'll do them if any come up for sale. I've heard mixed reports on most of them.

Front fitment is awesome, but I still don't like MV1's.
Also, didn't you get a big comfy auto barge because of your back? Surely HSD's aren't going to help?

:( Homo. They're classy. However they've a PITA to clean. And yes I did, but more importantly because I didn't want to use a clutch pedal. The HSD's aren't even uncomfortable.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Hsd's actually work unlike meister'r etc they can be settup to feel like stock

HSDs are great, had a few sets now. Much prefer the height adjustment on the damper housing so you're not preloading the spring. I find them fine on the road too.

Good height that... Does it not scrub on the front though with such big spacers?

Rear scrubs over bumps, but can't say i've noticed the front scrubbing at all.

HSDs are great, had a few sets now. Much prefer the height adjustment on the damper housing so you're not preloading the spring. I find them fine on the road too.

Yep, I wasn't overly sure what to expect from the DT's but they're fine for my needs.

It took a while for mine to bed in properly but once settled they are very good. Takes a bit of playing with damping settings front to rear but once you find a setting you like the feedback they give is spot on.

Whats going on with the front wheel there lol.

​Either you're running positive camber, something broken, or you've fitted silly spacers like Christopher?

Height is good mind.

Like I said, it needs the alignment and camber setting up. Which I forgot to book today. But yes, it has spacers also.

Weeman sucks ****
Looks good that, especially once the camber is sorted. Have you rolled the arches? Must rub like a mutha!!

Cookson, as Rob said really. I could, but theres no point when its being done at weekend.

Looks good that, especially once the camber is sorted. Have you rolled the arches? Must rub like a mutha!!

Rear rubs a fair bit now. Con's of running 20mm spacers on the rear. Undecided on what to do about it. Rolling the arches would be an ideal solution.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
b****cks. It can be done. Just because you try to do it with a rock and a baseball bat, doesn't mean everyone else does.

:lolup:
The paint has to be warmed up first Rhys.......... not not with a fuckin clipper lighter

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
b****cks. It can be done. Just because you try to do it with a rock and a baseball bat, doesn't mean everyone else does.

No we do it with a heat gun and an arch roller. Do you know so much about it because you read it on the internet or have you used an arch roller lots of times?

:lolup:
The paint has to be warmed up first Rhys.......... not not with a fuckin clipper lighter

Again see above. Anyone who hasn't taken off any paint or cracked any paint please feel free to come forward with pics.

The only thing I can see it possibly working on is relatively new paint. And even then I doubt it if you're doing a proper job and rolling the inside lip flat.

Do you know so much about it because you read it on the internet or have you used an arch roller lots of times?

Do you know so much about it because you're a professional arch roller?

Or, did you f**k it up a couple of times and then decide it isn't possible under any circumstance, with any tool?

Have a search on Google, there's plenty of threads where people have done a good job.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Do you know so much about it because you're a professional arch roller?

Or, did you f**k it up a couple of times and then decide it isn't possible under any circumstance, with any tool?

Have a search on Google, there's plenty of threads where people have done a good job.

Funnily enough I've done it quite a few times and done a "good job". But I've never spoken to anyone or seen anyone else that's done it flaw free.

I did the arches on my Clio with a mallet and a hair dryer. Barely lost any paint. And the only reason I lost paint at all was due to being impatient. It's not impossible!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Did youcheck and feel around the inner lip?

I've found that the paint loss is on the inner lip that you're flattening rather than on the front face which if it goes untreated is prime for rusting. And with the paint bubbling I've seen it bubble VERY quickly with minimal heat. I suppose it all depends on what the paint is like.

I'm sure these guys will know what they're doing and will not remove paint. http://www.archenemy.co.uk/

TBF, I know I've lost paint from the inside lip now anyway, as I checked at weekend. As long as its rolled, and doesn't rub, I can bilthamber it and then seal it.
Booked in for 4 wheel Hunters alignment on Saturday morning, so I'll make a well informed decision at weekend.