ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jordan Racing Blue 182 Sport

Clio 2.0 182
Iv'e decided to start a project thread, few things going to be happening to this car and a with a few things happened i figured it would be about time i started..

First of its a racing blue 182, on the Isle of Man with 96,000 miles on the clock. I changed the spark plugs today and cleaned throttle body so i will include the pictures of that into this post.

Please comment with your thoughts and ideas, would be greatly appreciated. :)

1898499_794053187310327_8860818450887816715_o.jpg
1613901_676499179065729_6744652400262125683_n.jpg

Clio 2.0 182
Ive started to refurbish my alloys, im going for a Ford graphite grey. Never done this before so it's all guess work with prep etc. My alloys have some very nasty marks on them that would be near impossible to get out with sandpaper, i have done my best, with the primer on now they have improved an awful lot.

i'm not looking for flawless results but im looking for the best possible finish that i can do as a DIY project. Pictures below.

Alloys 1 .jpg
alloys 2 .jpg
alloys 3 .jpg
alloys 4 .jpg
primer on, marks still visible a bit but far better than before!

Attachments

• alloys 5 .jpg
    alloys 5 .jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 60
  vectra+clio172 cup
didn't take you long to decide to do them fella!
Fair play, looking good, when I did mine I remember when you do the black paint to redo every 15-20 minutes when it's still tacky-ish. Good luck, I'll have to see the finished product in the flesh.

Clio 2.0 182
alloy grey 1.jpg
alloy grey 2 .jpg
alloy grey 3 .jpg
Had to do them, from seeing yours yesterday, i knew it was the colour i wanted... few more pics of progress below :smile:

alloy grey 1.jpg
alloy grey 2 .jpg

Clio 2.0 182
I'd reccomend some new springs mate, Eibach Sportlines or Cooksports. Your running an enormous arch gap at the front. Non cup pack suspension by the looks of it buddy.

would love to mate but with money being the problem its going to have to wait. I plan on lowering it, not such by how much yet. I plan on giving it a full detail valet at some point with a new cat back scorpion exhaust.

A shame it all takes money :(

Ive made good progress these last two days however with the alloys and the plugs etc changed. Oil and filters done by myself just last week also.

Clio 2.0 182
I have been busy again..

Currently in the process of installing the 98 RON map to the ECU and should be done within next couple of days, just waiting back from Fastchip.nl

I have sprayed my engine cover the same blue as the car, next job is perhaps a black finish on the intake and Rail guard?

Ive touched up a chip on the front bumper, im hoping it will blend in with a polish once paint has cured.
DSC_1254.JPG

Pic of Engine Cover.

Clio 2.0 182
some future plans are:

Spray manifold and fuel rail guard black. What sort of black do you Recommend?

Polish up headlights using the sandpaper method.... and clear laquer as a protector.

98 RON Remap

Eibach sportlines lowering springs

An induction kit of some sort, perhaps Ktec.

Scorpion resonated cat back exhaust system ( Daytona tips )

Clio 2.0 182
That looks ace, how did you paint the lettering yellow? I think Black would look good on mine with the lettering yellow?

Clio 2.0 182
I'm thinking of spraying my inlet manifold in the ford Graphite grey my alloys are in. I still have a full can of this paint and primer left over. Could i use this on the manifold and fuel rail guard or will i need high temp stuff?

That looks ace, how did you paint the lettering yellow? I think Black would look good on mine with the lettering yellow?
sorry for the slow reply. I just painted by hand using some humbrol enamal paint I had left from my Tamiya kit making days. Its camel yellow if your old enough to remember Nigel mansells Williams fw14b f1 car circa 1992. I had a huge model I made years ago. It did need 6 coats though!!

I'm thinking of spraying my inlet manifold in the ford Graphite grey my alloys are in. I still have a full can of this paint and primer left over. Could i use this on the manifold and fuel rail guard or will i need high temp stuff?
should be ok. My inlet is just halfrauds silver for some rover. Just picked a colour I liked. Yellow on black would look awesome.

vectra+clio172 cup
Agreed that engine bay looks tidy and the yellow paint looks great. I even remember the mansell colours you're talking about!

Found it on here. It was a naff carbon effect so just painted it mondial blue, then masked the lettering before satin blacking it with a rattle can. Had a spare Cliosport decal to finish it off.

Clio 2.0 182
Been busy with an afternoon off, i thought i would crack on with the inlet manifold spraying. Here is some photos i took along the way.

What you think? Its far from a professional finish but i think it looks tonnes better than it did before!

inlet 1 .jpg
inlet 7 .jpg
inlet 2 .jpg
inlet 3 .jpg
inlet 4 .jpg
inlet 5 .jpg
inlet 6 .jpg
inlet 8.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I like the manifold.

Not sure on the cover. And I've never been a fan of induction kits tbh.

But if you like it.

I used a fine modelling brush. Took my time. 6 light coats to build it up. Light heat gun between coats to speed up the drying time. If I over painted I just wiped it off straight away. When it was fully dried I just sprayed some of the manifold colour in a small pot for any touch ups around the lettering. I did do it in the kitchen though as I found it easier than bending over the bay.

Clio 2.0 182
what paint is best to use mate? i tried squirting some spray paint into the cap and putting it on, but its that running it just doesn't work.

what paint is best to use mate? i tried squirting some spray paint into the cap and putting it on, but its that running it just doesn't work.
Yeah it goes on like water. I used humbrol enamel paint. Just to warn you. You can enamel over cellulose car paints but not usually the other way round. The enamel sometimes reacts and bubbles when sprayed over. If you ever spray over it you'd probably have to sand it back first.

Clio 2.0 182
I bought today a T-cut headlight restoration kit and microfibre clothes and gave my headlights a go. To be honest it hasn't done an awful lot, i was very impressed. So ive ordered this in the hope its going to do a better job.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0000AY3SR/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I have a slight knocking noise coming from the front end when pulling away, i read it could be the Track Rod ends so i got under the car and my girlfriend moved the wheels back and forth and their is slight play in them. Are these expensive/ easy to replace? I might take it up to a garage tomorrow just to confirm it is that.

I'm hoping the plastic x polish will do a better job than the T-cut. It has cleaned it up, but no where near to my satisfaction.

vectra+clio172 cup
Knocking could also be an engine mount? I had a loose mount, the one under the battery? And that kept knocking. Remove the battery and move the engine by hand back and forward and see?

Clio 2.0 182
Had a house viewing this morning, so i took the time to go and take some pictures of car whilst sun shining. Pictures below. What we reckon?

fox1 .jpg
fox2.jpg
fox3 .jpg
fox4.jpg
fox5.jpg
fox6.jpg
fox7.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Looks in amazing condition, you would never know the mileage was around a hundred k. Really like the manifold and engine cover. Great job on those.
I would get hold of a 90' elbow for the airfilter and locate it behind the passenger headlight - look at the fatty kit thread. Also a new coolant bottle for £15 and a battery cover from MAD on ebay would finish the engine bay off nicely.

Clio 182
  Clio 2.0 182
Been a while since last update, a few things have changed, will post pics up when i can.

Fitted a Scorpion Cat back exhaust, sitting on powerflex mounts.

Fitted Eibach sportline springs, sits lovely now.

Mapped the ECU with 98 Ron Map.

Jordan.

Clio 2.0 182
car1-png.png

My car being washed this Morning, with its new springs and Scorpion Cat back exhaust :smile:

Attachments

• car1.png
    car1.png
    1 MB · Views: 144