ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JP Exhaust (Yozza) + De-Cat - Amateurs Review

Clio 182
I have recently purchased the JP Exhaust (Yozza) + De-Cat for my Inferno 182, thought id sum up in my point of view 3 pro's and Cons for anyone thinking about getting one and are like me (would love to class themself as a petrol head, but simply don't know enough about the things). I am no mechanical expert, I dont do track days (although going to the ring this year to break that), and have only ever kept my cars standard. I was looking for a reliable (stainless steel) good looking exhaust, and thought why not go the full whack and experiment with a sporty + decat option.

Top 3 Pro's

1. Sound - Has a lovely rasp when it giving it some, and a lovely gurgle when idling/changing gear in low revs
2. Looks nice, fits well and like the slightly larger tips that fill the holes.
3. Feels more free and responsive in the lower rev ranges, especially pulling away in gear 1

Top 3 Con's

1. Too loud - maybe this is because I get up at 6 a.m for work and live in a small close, but I also dont always like the stares I seem to be getting (nice sometimes but also cant help there re taking the p**s as apposed to admiring it lol)
2. Wont pass a legit MOT - pain in the backside
3. I know Im going to get pulled soon I was naive and didnt think it would be this loud, any one know what the consequences are?

Over all very pleased, makes a nice change and just hope the de-cat lasts a few months so I can use it on the Ring.

Cheers all

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Flol.

1. It's not too loud
2. If you get pulled it will be for driving like a kn0b, not once in 2years have I been 'pulled' with my proper yozza race.
3. If your neighbours don't like it, tell them to move :p
4. Find a friendly MOT station.

Impreza Wagon
No reason why you would get pulled for it unless you go hooning it up and down your local town centre. On my old car I had an exhaust close to 100db and never had any issues with the police however neighbours didnt like it one bit!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The Yozza ( JP ) exhausts are pretty loud when you give it some beans , no two ways about it , with or without the decat . At the moment i have my Cat fitted cos the MOT's due soon but imho the decat didn't make it feel any more responsive . People on here report that it does but i think thats more of a placebo effect as thats what they expect . The factory Cat is a free flowing 200 cell Cat anyway so isn't that restrictive . Nice exhaust though and very well made . Will probably outlive the car lol :D

Clio 182
Thing is playing up so going to have to to this manually (sorry)

Matt_786 - "1. It's not too loud" That a fact is it? lol In my oponion its too loud for every day driving

M@tt_182 - That makes me feel less paranoid

MRBILLYUK - Fair enough, I did think it was psycoligical too Im with you there, but the more and more I drive it the more Im convinced!

Breaking 172 NV676
I have a Yozza race with a decat and have the fastchip pop and bang map and havent had problems with being pulled. It comes down to not hooning it around built up area's.

Yozza's can be driven quietly you just have to get used to it.

Clio 182
Will definately have to practice hitting the quite note when in built up areas

Any tips? Too low gives a deep vibration and under any accelartion gives a bit or a raw

(dont get me wrong i love it, but I also like my neighbours ha ha)

Impreza Wagon
You'll find how to drive it quieter with time, I had many years of coasting onto my drive at 2am in the morning :)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Actually, it is fact, if it's too loud you need to use that stick type thing with numbers on top, it should be located to the left of the drivers seat.

Yozza's can be driven quietly, you just need to learn how to drive with them, I went to a funeral the other day in my Clio, not one head turned at the sound of my exhaust, there is a time and a place to plant it and driving in first gear everywhere will make any exhaust seem loud.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I have a Yozza race with a decat and have the fastchip pop and bang map and havent had problems with being pulled. It comes down to not hooning it around built up area's.

Yozza's can be driven quietly you just have to get used to it.

I've got the yozza and decat. To say it's not loud is a joke tbh. I've had numerous custom exhausts and this is by far the loudest I've ever had on a Clio!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Actually, it is fact, if it's too loud you need to use that stick type thing with numbers on top, it should be located to the left of the drivers seat.

Yozza's can be driven quietly, you just need to learn how to drive with them, I went to a funeral the other day in my Clio, not one head turned at the sound of my exhaust, there is a time and a place to plant it and driving in first gear everywhere will make any exhaust seem loud.

IMO if you have to drive everywhere in 5th gear then it's too loud.

My Clio is a 2nd car. I certainly wouldn't be able to tolerate it on a day to day commute basis.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
You don't though, people never believe me untill they come inside the car, if your exhaust is screaming at you then your going too fast or in the wrong gear.

My daily commute consists of A roads B roads and about 10 miles of motorway and the rattling pillar trim is louder than my yozza!

Clio 182

Ha ha not a fact at all, your opinion my friend (and perfectly entitled to it as well). And my opnion is its too loud whether I change it at 1500 RPM or 7500 RPM or somewhere in the middle. Love the noise, just wish it werent quite as loud, not even by a huge amount. You have this image of me ragging it around like im in the GP, I really dont, Monday to Friday it takes me to the train station, Sarturday and Sunday i like to enjoy it.

Breaking 172 NV676
Around town i normally keep it below 3k, mine seems to be very loud between 70 - 85 on the motorway, I tend to coast into my road at about 1.5 - 2k.

I couldnt live with it daily if I had to do motorways but a - b roads i could easily. Having said that mine is stripped out rear as well.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
If you have any sensitivity to noise, why go for a decat and/or an exhaust with "a distinctive sound" as one of its main characteristics?
The best exhaust is the standard one. It is a pleasure to have on the car, no noise, no headache, no strange looks, you can use the stereo and have a conversation.
Also, I never understand when people say "I just want a bit more noise, not much", the standard exhaust does have a nice thrum to it and you can hear the induction side of things which is far more interesting for me and makes the driver/car interaction far more enjoyable.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I enjoyed the yozza I had at full chat but taking it easy round the doors and motorways its just too loud, unless you're a chav and love the attention

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If your concerned about noise I'd be happy to swap with you for my Miltek decat.

Its centre silenced, so a lot quieter.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
My yozza is the best thing about my car. I have a CAT and my MOT was all done and it passed with flying colours.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
There's a 182 local to me (he's on here) Deffo a yozza, not sure if its de cated, but my god it sounds w**k. He gave it a boot full up the road a few weeks ago. I cringed, so much noise, no need.

Dons flame suit ;)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
There's a 182 local to me (he's on here) Deffo a yozza, not sure if its de cated, but my god it sounds w**k. He gave it a boot full up the road a few weeks ago. I cringed, so much noise, no need.

Dons flame suit ;)
Lol I'm guessing that was Dan? ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Wouldn't the silencer, etc need time to bed in? My exhaust was custom made, and took a couple of weeks for the sound to be better...mine isn't Yozza loud, but if you boot the loud pedal, people move out of the way! ;)

Nikko, with the 172Cup, it will be different as the exhaust points towards the floor if you have a stealth, so shouldn't be 'as' loud. :)

Cup 172. <3
I'm not going to post a new thread for this so I'm just gonna hijack this thread...
I don't have a problem with loud exhausts, ideally I'd like something that sounds like a; Supersprint/ Kam Racing /Pug/Saxsport but just for a Clio instead.

So obviously I was swaying towards the Yozzasport but the visible back boxes that hang underneath the bumper, do they look a bit chavvy or just slapped on as a bit of an 'after thought'?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I'm not going to post a new thread for this so I'm just gonna hijack this thread...
I don't have a problem with loud exhausts, ideally I'd like something that sounds like a; Supersprint/ Kam Racing /Pug/Saxsport but just for a Clio instead.

So obviously I was swaying towards the Yozzasport but the visible back boxes that hang underneath the bumper, do they look a bit chavvy or just slapped on as a bit of an 'after thought'?

IMO it looks spot on.
IMG_6823.jpg

saxsport in the dictionary means chav

Clio 197
Wouldn't the silencer, etc need time to bed in? My exhaust was custom made, and took a couple of weeks for the sound to be better...mine isn't Yozza loud, but if you boot the loud pedal, people move out of the way! ;)

Nikko, with the 172Cup, it will be different as the exhaust points towards the floor if you have a stealth, so shouldn't be 'as' loud. :)

My ktec took a while to bed in. When i first fitted it either it was a massive sound jump from the milltek i had or it was insanely loud - to be honest i hated it at first but over a week or so the sound gradually changed to a more acceptable level. I cant imagine what the Yozza is like.

I dont think the clio really suits a loud exhaust

Z4
I've got a decatted yozza, and I couldn't live with it on a daily basis!

It's good when you're on it, and it looks far better than standard, but the drone is irritating... Still unsure wether to sell it, get a cat on there, or keep it on the car and sell it with it.

Fiesta ST200
I would happily swap with someone for a 182 yozza de-cat. I have a milltek and its pretty quiet, 3 silencer system so it only sings when your booting it.

PM me if your interested.

gti
im in the northeast and looking to either swap my 182 yozza for a quiter system as the cars being sold or just sell it. pm me if interested